Where to buy 3x5 pads

A bit OT, but I can't find these anywhere. Simple

3x5 pads of paper, sold in packs of 4 for a couple of dollars. It seems no one sells basic things anymore. Staples, Target, drug store chains.... they all have things like overpriced appointment books and sticky notes but seem to be phasing out basic products that don't provide a high profit margin.

(I'd also love to find 4x7, 6-hole notebook paper, but I'd settle for notepads.)

Reply to
Mayayana

Did you try putting "buy 3 x 5 notepad" into google?

Reply to
trader_4

I use 3x5 cards. They are pretty easy to find but if you are ordering other office supplies online they are dirt cheap. They seem to hold up a lot better if you shove them in your pocket. When I get bored I pick up a few cards and do the things I (or my wife) have written down.

Reply to
gfretwell

Do you mean 3x5 *cards* that people make notes on to use when giving a speech or at a debate?

Staples calls them 3x5 index cards.

They have 500 at the top of the page but it gets less.

But maybe you don't because you use the word pads.

At Staples I searched for 3x5 note pads and there were many but none were 3x5. I searched for 3x5 paper pads and only one out of dozens was 3x5 but maybe that's enough for you:

It's taller than it is wide. I had in mind wider than tall, but maybe you didn't. Free shipping to store.

Reply to
Micky

We had a similar experience, recently. I keep a spiral bound "log book" in each car to record fuel purchases, fuel efficiency, repairs, etc. (so, I have an idea if something "may not be right" with the vehicle before it becomes a "real problem")

Often, I want/need a scrap of paper to write a note. Ripping them from the log book suffices. But, means the log book *loses* a sheet of paper, permanently!

I was just looking for an old fashioned pad with the "glue" binding that makes it convenient to rip off (without TEARING!) the individual sheets.

"Surely, they must sell these for 25c/each!"

The regular stores (department and grocery) all had spiral bound varieties but nothing like this.

I will have to try one of the dollar stores to see if they still carry them -- or if the world has "moved on" to better bindings...

Reply to
Don Y

"Mayayana" wrote in news:nis310$935$1@dont- email.me:

Me too!

I still have a few that I've been trying to conserve. 3 x 5 spiral pads are the closest I can find. OK, but...

They used to be available everywhere - WalMart, Staples, dollar stores, etc. but no more. I wonder why they evidently quit making tham.

Reply to
KenK

One of the few things I miss about work since I retired... having to buy my own home office supplies now.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

I attended a Square Dance convention, and the publisher of a Square Dance magazine ("Bow & Swing") was giving away 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" note pads with their logo as advertisement.

It seems that their main business was as a print shop, and publishing the magazine was a sideline to support their hobby. Perhaps you can find what you want at a local print shop.

You might also search for "sticky notes", although you will find more responses for a computerized version!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

I used to work for a printing company, we mainly did continuous and laser cut sheets, but would do padding if a client wanted it. The problem for you going that route, there may be way more pads than you can use in your lifetime in a minimum order.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Pretty much every print shop in the country should be able to make these for you. Our in-house print shop made them in the 90's before all that stuff was farmed out.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

or,

Scott Lurndal

Oh, I'm sure I can *get* them! I was just surprised to NOT find them EVERYWHERE! Used to be able to buy this stuff at KMart, Target, local drug store (before they were "chains"), etc.

It's been so long that I've used a *pad* that I'd not been in the market to realize how it had changed!

Reply to
Don Y

Thanks, everyone, but I'm not looking for cards and I don't want to order from a print shop. I just want to find a sotre that sells basic supplies, if any still exists. These things are typically about $2 for 4 pads. As DonY said, just simple white paper with glue binding.

Reply to
Mayayana

You can waste $20 worth of gasoline driving around looking or:

Chris P. Bacon

My Dad used to buy from

He had a couple dozen pads as you describe. They got shot out when my sister cleaned the house earlier this year. I am sorry. Sorry for me, too, I might have used them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Amazon and Ebay but I get the buy at home for something like that. The local grocery store?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price.

RedAlt5

Take a ream of paper to your local copy shop and have them pad it and cut into whatever size you need.

At the office, instead of putting paper in the recycle bin, we keep the sheets that are printed on one side for pads. Easy way is to jog a stack so that the sides are flush, put a couple of bricks on top near one edge, and paint the edge with white glue. Then when it's dry, separate it into pads. If you want it cut down, the copy shop can do that for you cheap.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

| Office Depot has 3x5 pads and spiral notebooks for a reasonable price. |

They do have several 3x5 pad options. Maybe I'll check a local Office Depot. They're scarce around here, but they do exist. Oddly, there seems to ba a Staples on every corner but I always find OD to have better prices and better selection.

Reply to
Mayayana

For years, I kept notes in a small looseleaf "memo book" about 4 1/2"x 7". If you needed more paper, they had pre-punched refills to go in them.

Then, about 10 years ago, these things disappeared from the market. No more refill paper available, either.

I guess there's no buyers for them any longer. Folks are using digital devices for note-taking and info-storing these days.

I still have mine sitting next to me. Even was "Made in USA" !!

Reply to
John Albert