What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Don't know where you live but small towns (under 15000 people) seem to have a decent community.

Reply to
Conor

Point taken. I'd posted it before I noticed he was disabled.

Reply to
Conor

Of course there is.

?????

I give up.

Reply to
Conor

Yes there are several definitions. The supermarket has made the mistake of assuming people actually are capable of thinking for themselves.

Reply to
Conor

Get a decent newsreader which can filter/block the thread.

Reply to
Conor

And at 75 quid a claim motability cars are a rip off I would sooner have my money in the bank and run my 300.00 car till it drops and get a replacement when that time comes . Motability cars are ok if you are doing hundreds of miles a week but for trips to the shops and the odd run to the seaside they are a complete waste of money and what an attraction a new car is for bloody kids to run a nail all along one side or both sides . If I had a motability car sat outside our house I would never sleep at nights .

Reply to
dexter

Exactly Conner outwardly I look ok today I know I am going to walk into Sainsburys like there is nothing wrong with me today , tomorrow and for the rest of the week I shall probably not be able to walk a couple of yards especially if this rain keeps up .

Reply to
dexter

I'll freely admit though that I did have the "Look! Nothing wrong with him" attitude until it happened to me.

Reply to
Conor

But does that mean you need to use disabled spots? Surely they're not just a 'bonus' for anyone who's disabled, they're there for people who have trouble walking, for whatever reason.

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

I'll have to see if I ever see a dented one. However, one of your list has been disagreed with already. The conclusion however, is that it seems most cars (ie , all the cars not in your list) will dent when pranged with the force of an opening door. Remember that the edge of a car door is a very small surface area compared to a person's foot (WRT the "drop kick" above). Remember in school when they talked about pressure and surface area?

A side impact bar (as the name suggests), doesn't cover the entire door, and probably doesn't even sit right up against the door panel anyway. You could still get a dent if the car gets hit with a trolley or a door anywhere on the door panel.

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

If you were injured, you would have told him. *You* chose to tell him about the car, so naturally he enquired about it. If you'd gone in and said "I'm hurt! I've crashed the car and I'm hurt!", I imagine his reaction would have been different.

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

*Whatever* does this sentence mean? Who's been making someone else have something?!

You did a runner? Why make the offer in the first place?

That shouldn't be an issue to you. You've recompensed him for the loss of value to his car. Whether he decides to use that money to get it fixed, or simply accept that he'll get less for it when he sells it (because the buyer will probably want to get it fixed), and keeps the money to make up for it, is irrelevant to you. I'd suggest that if you don't want to feel stung that he's not had the damage fixed, then just be careful how you drive and how you (and your kids) swing open car doors in the supermarket car park.

That's its *primary* function. However, for most people it's also supposed to be comfortable, clean and in decent condition - and a cigarette burn in the arm negates at least two of those.

That's great if that's possible - but certainly it's not always possible with a car door dint. I'd certainly worry about making it worse.

*Exactly* - that's because other people respect your stuff. What if they didn't - and had exactly the "FFS it's only a..." attitude to the stuff in your house. I think you'd soon get a little upset.

Not that you're displaying Mary, only selfishness and a bizarre self-centred attitude, it would seem. At the end of the day, you cannot expect people to have the same attitude to their cars as you have. You have to respect that and not think people aren't going to be upset if you were to prang someone's pride and joy. You'd be just as upset if someone did the same to something which you coveted in the same way - it's just that in your case it's not your car.

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

Are you saying that you *didn't* actually hit his car? How come he thought you did? What was his proof? What's the story here?

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher" saying something like:

Uncle Krusty's Combinations

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Good for you.

But I do wonder how your child became addicted to the other stuff before then.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh.

I see.

I think.

I wonder what you did with the minutes you saved ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

er - no-one's forcing you to read anything, or even switch on your pc.

Take a hold of yourself, man, have some self discipline. If you carry on reading what's here you'll end up as insane as we are.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ice oe - isert your ow.

I know

Well, I'm closer than some :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You do not need to have " physical trouble"walking but there are people like myself which walking any great distance can bring on an Angina attack I do suffer from arthritis also which walking any distance causes pain .

Reply to
dexter

At times. Other times, very much not so. But my life, comfy or not, is what caused mankind to come down from the trees and start making things.

So you take the sharp stone, craft it into the desired shape. It is now not a random object, but a "thing" you have fashioned. You use it to make your snares, axes, or other implements. These then also become things upon which you depend. Somebody accidentally or delierately breaks your stone implement, thereby requiring you to make another, something you would otherwise not have had to do, and something that due to your responsibility to the expanding communitiy you cannt do without. Your thing has been broken during hunting season, when you need to be gathering for the winter, which is when you would normally be making new things, or repairing the old ones.

The thing can be something as simple as a flint axe, my point is that humans have managed to evolve in a way that in most climates requires objects to survive, so if people want to take it to the most basic level when saying "things" aren't important, they're really talking crap. Electricity isn't important to a group still living in a (probably far more sustainable and enjoyable) culture, but try going without any of the things it provides in this country. Even living in a cardboard box requires someone somewhere to have made that box, and living in a tree tends to get you locked up for being a loony! ;)

Reply to
Stuffed