What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

The problem is that these firms get out of control. They'll start clamping not only your visitors, but the owner's cars too, and ambulances, police cars, slow moving zimmer frames etc.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It's been said before, but you need to avoid criminal damage to the car. Something that comes off is essential. So superglue is an absolute no-no. Repeat: It has to come off fairly easily without damage to the car. By fairly easily, maybe 3 or 4 mins with plenty of warm water. So, wallpaper paste is probably good.

Reply to
GB

Have you never heard of disabled stickers in cars?

Its you who are the plonker!

Reply to
Steve Rainbird

Hmmm! don't anyone see spam when it's in front of them?

Reply to
Grouch

Is this a private car park or for residents only.

There are legal ways to do it which take time and money and there is another way which I used before.

Go out to B&Q or Wickes and buy a can of expanding foam. Inject some into the exhaust pipe of the ignorant parkers. They will have to have the car towed off the car park because it wont start but willl keep cutting out.

After they have had to pay to have an exhaust / silencer fitted they will have second thoughts about parking there again.

Watch you dont get caught though.

Reply to
Alfred Hitchcock

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:11:25 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, wrote....

Surely a blue disability badge would have told him if the car owner was disabled?

Reply to
sme

I would suggest you do drivers door window, they might not be able to drive their car away otherwise.

Someone once wrote on a friend of mines window with lipstick, as he'd left it in our underpass, not actually in the way, but they were obviously having a bad day. It took him a fair bit of work getting the window clean, that stuff is really greasy.

Reply to
R45six

On Fri, 20 May 2005 08:53:10 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Mark Trueman wrote....

I was thinking that myself. I thought it wa sclassed as an act of vandalism if you attach something to a car which hinders the drivers view. Windscreens were a definate no-no and side windows were ok (the front ones could be wound down to see their mirror), which was why you used to see so many people leave car parks with their window down in the rain.

I used to have a similar problem where i lived, but it was a public road so anyone could park. The problem was people watching you and even following you to see if you got into a car so they could get your space. On a few occasions, when i was sitting in the car warming it up, people knocked on my windscreen to ask if i was going out so they could get the space!

Letting down at least 2 tyres is probably the easiest option and it does no damage.

Reply to
sme

This sounds very very sensible.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good thing in Scotland, wheel clamping firms were made illegal, I think the reason was.., they were holding you to ransom! which is illegal! (doesn't stop the police putting you car on the back of a lorry and taking it away and then taking £150 to get it back)

Reply to
Des

Eaiser and cheaper is to ram a potato up it.

Indeed.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think this is now the case in England, (unless the clamping firms are authorised, which most aren't). This is probably why the notices are being ignored.

Reply to
GwG

Just checked on this, and wheel clamping is now illegal unless the firms are authorised, more details on the following link:-

GwG

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nomail.invalid

Lovely story on Radio 4 Home Truths last week.

Someone regularly illegally parked a van with a dog in it.

They left the window slightly open for the dog.

Answer -- push a few slabs of laxative chocolate through the gap above the window.

They didn't leave the van there again!

Reply to
Livewire

Another one time Jennings reader

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I admit that I do have a few bruises on my arm - but that's when I CAN squeeze past. Those with push chairs and in wheelchairs can't.

And it doesn't stop them doing it again anyway :-(

What makes it worse is that all the houses in this street have drives, usually empty.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The notices say the bays are for Blue Badge holders. The Blue Badges have to be displayed in the front of the car.

I wish that more supermarkets enforced the rules.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I don't (I wouldn't) and we still have a problem.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You know, Christian, if you want to sound humorous you should use a smily. If you're serious you're not sensible.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Never done that with our vehicles.