What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

In message , Adrian writes

From the supermarkets point of view it is in their interests to encourage children because the parents spend a lot more. My kids have grown up but I can remember well

Reply to
Sue Begg

I choose not to apply for a badge, but I often have problems managing shopping, so frequently use the disabled spaces at the supermarket. Should I have to spend hours trying to get my window clean for daring not to give the civil service even more paperwork?

Reply to
Stuffed

David Taylor loved her ferret enough to say...

In Grouch's defence, this post has also been crossposted to uk.comp.vendors, uk.comp.homebuilt, sci.chem and sci.physics in a separate posting.

So while it is asking a question, asking the question to 8 different groups (and maybe more) seems a little enthusiatic to be totally genuine.

Reply to
Trooper

Round my way, the police charge you 150 quid to get your car back when its been nicked, let alone parked illegally.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You would then be guilty of criminal damage.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

No, you should bloody well apply for a badge and stop being lazy.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:29:51 GMT and in uk.rec.cars.misc, Sue Begg wrote....

you are actually told to describe your worst day. It's never your worst day when they come out though.

Reply to
sme

you can write on the window with a snail or slug, the slime is supposed to leave a mark that is imposible to move. it wont hinder visibilaty but would be bloody annoying

Reply to
Shortfatbaldbloke

Then its clear its the ease of access that is the problem .

A remote controlled barrier or garage door is out .

Some simple wire mesh gates with a mortice lock if none of the residents are disabled could work .

Each flat could be given a mortice key to the gates and if they wanted any more keys for friends or family - they could get as many keys cut as they wanted . The question is - are lazy car drivers willing to get out their car every time they wanted in or our the car park just so they could get parked easily ? .

Reply to
SOR

Amusing to have your car damaged by vigilante vandals?

Reply to
Johannes

I used to have a reserved space at work, because I was on 24 hour call for things such as fires, deaths etc. Every Friday a group of people used to come along for a noon prayer meeting, and I was sometimes out. Nearly every time, one of them would use that space, and (unlike me) was untouchable because they were not a student or an employee. When I returned, I just parked across the front of the space. Somebody in it? Tough.

Reply to
Bob Eager

They used to use these sticky papers at work (in fact I *think* they still do). One idiot went into the building and returned with a kettle full of boiling water.

Yes, bang went the windscreen - in more senses than one.

How we laughed.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes. There is a system that covers the use of disabled spaces. Either use both or neither.

Reply to
Andy Tillbrook

Commercially printed no parking stickers are glazed on the upper surface, often as part of the brightly coloured surface / print process. This glaze is fairly impervious.

Gum is better because it dries more quickly. Wallpaper paste is probably still wett (and peelable) when they return.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Technically, that's multiposting and a bit more annoying.

But I'm enjoying the thread!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I agree, I'd respond equally illegally and put a block of frozenmilk through your windscreen as a thank you. Much quicker than a court case, and you'd only have to pay the excess on your policy for a new screen, barely worth troubling over, isn't it?

One thing you haven't considered - How do you know the people parking shouldn't be there? Sure, most of them maybe shouldn't, but are you mind reader enough to know if an unknown car is a visitor, health worker, family and so on? Do you really have your nose in every other residents business?

Reply to
Stuffed

Bob Eager loved her ferret enough to say...

You didn't happen to lecture at UKC did you? If so, you taught me ;)

Reply to
Trooper

Damn right ! Let's have some more of it. A few good clips around the ear for the chavvery too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

If the driver drives off with his/her vision obviously obstructed, then he/she is at fault and is in fact commiting an offence.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

If the person is genuinely then he/she will have a card saying so and will display it - ergo, if no card is displayed then the person is not disabled and shouldn't be in that spot.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G