So, which glue...?

I need to attach some rubber bumpers to the underside of a loo seat. Ideally I'd have got identical replacements for the originals (which had lugs on them, which located into corresponding reinforced holes in the seat), but that was a non-starter so I bought these:

They are made of stiff-but-slightly-flexiblw shiny rubber, and the seat itself is a hard, non-flexible plastic. Don't know what the actual materials are.

I can't see any way of utilising the screw holes in the bumpers as the seat is too thin to screw anything into; however there might be some mileage in screwing something into the back of the bumpers, leaving a proud screw head which would at least locate within the existing hole in the seat.

But what would be the best sort of glue for this application? I'm thinking an Evostik-style impact adhesive - anyone got any better ideas?

Reply to
Lobster

That's what I'd go with, I had to glue some thick rubber to wood and plaster, and the toolsatan stuff worked a treat

Reply to
Andy Burns

EVO sounds like a fair bet.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If it stckc ceramic towel rail mounts onto shiny ceramic tiles (which it did for me 2yrs ago)then it sounds like a possible.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Is your seat that thin? I never found those non solid ones lasted very long myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Double sided adhesive, the same quality as used in the car industry to stick trim on not the ordinary household stuff.

Reply to
F Murtz

If the screw holes in the bumpers align with the existing holes in the seat, which this last remark would seem to imply, then why not simply fill the holes in the underside of the seat with epoxy putty or similar and set shorter screws through the bumpers into this, before it sets ?

michael adams

michael adams

Were the lugs just a push fit into the reinforced holes? Could you cut a screw thread in the holes, or find self-tappers that would screw in? If so, you could make new holes in your new bumpers (or make new bumpers) and screw them in.

Reply to
Dave W