Roller Blinds ...

Hi,

I have just bought a roller blind from Dunelm, and want to cut it to size to for the window. However i can't get the plastic bar out of bottom as fitted to tight. So can't cut to size with it in there. Any advice?

( now i have opened the packet and put the brackets up don't really want to have to take it back.

Vicki

Reply to
tricky155

Use a clean, fine-bladed saw and cut straight through the blind and the plastic bar.

Reply to
Zapp_Brannigan

I've never had one that tight, they normally fall out.

Tried brute force? Prolly just a random spot of glue.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Roller blinds are the spawn of the Devil.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

+1 or I've had this problem. Unwind the blind and trim the fabric with scissors, then use a sharp knife to cut the fabric around the plastic bar, then juniour hacksaw to cut the bar.

I've sometimes had to do the same with the roller at the top when the the fabric has been "permanently" fixed to it.

Reply to
Davidm