What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Owain ( snipped-for-privacy@stirlingcity.coo.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Dave.

Reply to
Adrian

I also saw the same driver get out of his car, very nimbly I might add, and go into the store. Perhaps he has a disabled wife, but then he should not be using the BB parking slots if she is not with him.

Having said that, it does not follow that a BB driver has an observable impediment that prevents him from driving. It may be something that occurs after he has exerted himself. I have a friend like that. Half his heart is dead.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I understand that. See a post I made earlier :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Only his wing mirror? I would have made sure that other things dropped off :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Here's a text version.

Sorry!

's OK

Alistair J Murray

Don't blow your top and make sure the other driver gets extremely embarrassed. Get some Avery labels, about A5 size, and print on them something like.....

'Thank you for parking so close to me that I could not get a wheel chair up to my door to get my aged mother out, but what the heck, you have total mobility'.

Stick them on the drivers side window, just to educate them. The stickier the glue on the label, the better :-))

Dave

Reply to
Dave

There's a lot more to apostrophes than that :-)

Or perhaps it's The Greengrocers' Basic Guide?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:4290f7d4$0$28628 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

I would not take grammatical advice from anyone using "where'd" - but then again, there is a hint in the URL, "humour".

Reply to
Rod

Yes. What was funny about "aboyt"?

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Stuffed writes

Yes - to put it bluntly.

If you're not disabled enough to have a blue badge then don't park there.

A doctor is the person who can decide whether or not you're disabled, not you.

Reply to
Charlie Mitchell

"I had to pop out to Tesco, his (shop) earlier today."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bin there, done that. But the badge used to be Orange. It has no authority.

Which has absolutely no authority. You can paint whatever you like on private ground, it makes not a jot of difference to the law of the land.

If I chose, I could park my car in either a parent and child, or a cripples corner spot and the supermarket would not take any step to prevent me. If they did, I just have to take them to court and show that they are predgiseced against an able bodied person.

What does p**s me off, is the disabled parkings in the mother and child slots when my dauther has to park well away from the supermarket door

Reply to
Dave

You don't need money to entertain yourself. Stop that, you'll go blind. B-)

Snap. Many English teachers I find are hopeless. They just don't seem able to explain things using simple words and examples or have great difficulty grasping the fact that their pupil really doesn't have a clue what a past participle is.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So only disabled people who use/need a wheelchair can use the BB spaces?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But by entering their land you have agreed to the T&C's that they have displayed around the car park. I'd love to see you go to court and see you reason your parking in a disabled spot when you are able bodied.

Reply to
petrolcan

Ah....

Ahhhh..... So we end up with:

"I had to pop out to the shop of Tesco earlier today."

Well the mud might be a tad clearer, but not a lot.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Are they hell. Every supermarket I've been to that has parent and child spaces has a clear unambiguous picture of an adult and child.

Guess you're one of the muppets they made the mistake with.

Reply to
Conor

How did someone so stupid and narrow minded get a job in aerospace? Mind you, you could be the teaboy.

Common sense..like knowing that sticking your hand in a fire isn't a bright idea.

And as for the problem solving, there aren't that many things which only have a single approach to achieve the same aim.

What does a teaboy get paid at BAe nowadays?

Why? Incapable of working it out for yourself?

Reply to
Conor

Is this thread a magnet for stupid people? The sign of a white wheelchair on a blue background is the internationally recognised symbol for disability.

Reply to
Conor

I *think* I'm right in saying that it's perfectly legal to kill fuckwits like that.

There might even be a reward.

Reply to
Ben Blaney