What to stick on his windscreen which wont come off easily? [OT]

Oh, come on ! Any mother with a pre-school child will still think of the child as her baby. This carries on until the child is in their 40's.

Reply to
Taz

I've done that before, but only because when I use a blue badge, it's for my mother-in-law who has lost both legs. The extra space afforded by the disabled space allows me to open the door fully so I can lift her into her wheel chair, and guarantees that I can do the same in reverse when we come back out of the shop.

Reply to
Taz

Well I think that mother&brat spaces should all be turned into disabled spaces you have two choices regarding babies to have or not to have them and to take or not to take them to the supermarket. Disabled people have no choice their health brakes down in some way and they are stuck with it and have no control over it either .

Reply to
dexter

Well that I can agree with. My kids don't call me Victor for nothing you know. And I'm only 44 FFS.

Reply to
Taz

Hence the scene at airport check-in where they ask for parents and children to come forward first. Cue for ma and pa and several hulking great louts and assorted aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents to step forward, all carrying backpacks that Sherpa porters would baulk at...

Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

What a load of crap. If your mother had wished otherwise, it would make me feel better, because this post would never have existed, or did you come from a petrie dish?

Reply to
Taz

LOL - you've noticed that too? Seems to happen more at Manchester than any other airport I use.

Reply to
Taz

Yesh, enjoying the banter to much to be arsed with spolling chuker. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The message from "Taz" contains these words:

I'm in my forties and mum still says things like "Look, Guy, horses" when we're out in the car.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Taz" contains these words:

Ha! If only it did guarantee it. We parked in a blue badge space in France and some (non bagde displaying) berk shoved his/her car between ours and the one next to it 'cos the gap was just big enough. Sadly his wing mirror fell off while getting the wife into the car.

Reply to
Guy King

See too attached. Not able to think of anything else to do other than annoy the neighbours with loud musak or be couch potato.

That is from the invasion of your space, not from the any material loss. You'd feel the same even if they had only left a note, using their own paper and pen saying 'kilroy woz ere', possibly worse.

Well it's a no brainer choice isn't it? Out goes the carpet.

Why is "I had to pop out to Tescos earlier today." possessive?

I know we all say it but I don't think it's technically correct. Where you went is called Tesco. You don't say "I had to pop out to the garages earlier today." you say "I had to pop out to the garage earlier today.".

How ever my english, especially relating to the technicalities, is crap but in the interests of furthering my knowledge I'd like to know.

The 2.4 children is the major source of money for the big supermarkets, pensioners may be catching up in numbers but they don't have the income and generally speaking only one or two mouths to feed per household. Singles just one mouth. Those extra mouths make a very big difference to the size of the grocery bill.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
[...]

Proper crip spaces are extra wide to allow wheelchair handling room.

I often park in an end-of-row standard space instead if the reserved places are only standard width.

Alistair J Murray

Hey, who nicked me n!

Pedant. B-)

True.

I know Mary, this is fun. I can almost see the kick trolls must get.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Exactly so when I go shopping with my father I can park us in the Parent & Child spaces.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Arf !!! I still go "look horsies" my oldest is 18 and gives me a pained expression.

Reply to
Taz
[...]

I fully support the right of householders to execute burglars, or at their option, torture them.

Alistair J Murray

'kin 'ell - If I got that, I'd probably blow a gasket. If I do get a problem like that I generally grit my teeth, because the MIL feels bad enough having to depend on us to get her around. She's old school proud. If I blew my top it would only make her feel bad and that would make me feel like a shit.

Reply to
Taz

You could be arsed earlier on when it was someone else at fault :)

Reply to
LordyUK

Definately not. Any father who considers his 45 year old son as his baby has severe problems. This is exclusively a mother thing.

Reply to
Taz

See skint, and untrusting of people in the immediate area (or in general really, but incidents like the above hardly changed my mind on that one). As for music, you're not going to believe this, but I hardly ever turn the volume up above conversation level. If I want it loud, I'll plug my headphones in.

Yes, that is true. And my main source of relaxation happened to have disappeared at the same time.

And in comes the joint pain. I suffer from lower back pain, and occaisional problems with my knees, both of which are made worse by living on hard flooring. I don't need carpet to live, but it certainly makes things a hell of a lot easier, and that's without considering the soundproofing and heat insulation it provides. The look of the thing is actually just about bottom of my list of priorities.

Possesive as in the store belonging to the chain branded Tesco.

I don't know, it just seems a clumsy word, I've never really brushed up enough on the workings of language to look into it.

Look it up. My school was obsessed with far more important things than the finer points of the mother tongue to bother giving me half a clue, so the quarter I do have has been what I've taught myself over the years, probably wrongly! ;)

People in and out as quickly as possible whilst keeping them there just long enough to spot the "bargains" would seem to be the better business model for the typical supermarket, and that's exactly how the ones around here look to me. Luxury centres that are trying to sell you 4 figure credit deals on stuff you don't really need probably want you around as long as possible, so you give into temptation after that lovely sugar laden faux strawberry cowjuice and reconstituted meat sandwich in the refreshments area, and part with lots and lots of yet to be earned cash.

Reply to
Stuffed