What does a united utilities electricity meter read?

I have a United Utilities 52350-n electricity Watt meter that displays

000000 prefixed with 1 for 1 sec, then 00241 prefixed with 2 for the next sec and then 00241 prefixed with what looks like a backward 3 but with the top chopped off. What is it displaying?

Yesterday it read 00240 so I guess it's reading KWH even though it says it's a Watt meter, but I don't know what it's doing for the other

3 readings.
Reply to
blackhead

Presumably 1 would be for economy7 night units, 2 is standard units (or daytime units if e7 were used) and the "E" is intended to be a sigma for the sum of 1 and 2?

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:54:59 +0000, a particular chimpanzee, Andy Burns randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Or could it be a 't'; for 'total', perhaps.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula