Dishwashers

Following a couple of recent RCD trips, narrowed down to the dishwasher, my wife headed off to John Lewis and I got out the screwdriver to look for the fault.

Nothing obvious was found. The lower door seal has deteriorated and may be allowing steam into the door panel selector switch area and a minute amount of water to drip past the main terminals behind the lower fascia. Indesit have obviously had problems there as a strip of insulating clear plastic diverts any drips to the floor.

The problem only occurs late in the cycle so I assume the heater elements are OK. Equally, fill, pumping, discharge have all happened earlier so unlikely to be involved.

Cheapo Indesit D3000BG any clues?

Also, the JL sales person is unhappy about using a softened water supply!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I'd try a temporary seal with some foam/weatherstrip and see if the problem stops. The steam may also condense on the cold water fill solenoid or pump.

The final rinse is usually hottest to help the dishes dry, so may indicate a steam/condensation problem.

Try UKwhitegoods forum, should be able to source a seal and some info on replacing it.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C