Washing machine fix?

Our washing machine started behaving strangely yesterday. Wherever we set it in the cycle it starts trying to spin up for about 5 seconds and then stops. There seems to be more vibration than usual and the drum looks like it is moving laterally relative to the machine more than I remember.

I've checked that the concrete block is still firmly attached and that the two top spring that holds the drum are still intact...are there also two springs attached to the bottom of the drum? Anything else I can check?

Ronnie

Reply to
RG

I had something similar on an indesit once, the dampers needed cleaning, they were two spring loaded disks either side of a plate. however, if the motor is stopping I would check brushes first as my indesit just used to throw itself round the room.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Have you checked the drain filter? My Bosch started doing this and I found the filter clogged. Each time the spin cycle started, the machine recognised it couldn't drain and so stopped the spin.

V M

Reply to
V Mouth

I've checked the filter behind the flap on the front bottom of the machine...is this the filter you mean?

Ronnie

Reply to
RG

What make/model is it?

Reply to
Egbert Nobacon

It's a Servis (hmmm) M3010. I've tried everything I know to fix it and have concluded that there's something wrong with the programming now.

It goes into a spin when it's still doing the initial fill with water.

Time to buy a decent washing machine I think.

Ronnie

Reply to
RG