Candy Washing Machine - Motor or Brushes ?

High I've got a well-used Candy 800 washing machine that doesn't always manage to turn the drum round during a normal wash cycle (fine during rinse and spin). Have replaced the belt and the springs holding up the drum but still happening occasionally I guess the motors the next port of call - is it worth replacing just the brushes or the whole thing - if its the whole thing then inclined to get a new one, after all its nearly 10 years old...

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Peter Davis

Your symptoms certainly sonud like those of our Hotpoint, which were cured with new brushes.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I'd replace the brushes first - about =A310 as opposed to =A375 for a recon motor. My experience with several Hotpoints is that you can change brushes 3 or 4 times before the motor goes.

Dave

Reply to
Magician

Motors seldom go - its bearings and brushes, and brushes are cheap and easy.

Chances are if its only 10 years old, its a brush job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does not sound like brushes the first thing to go with brushes is the spin, has the machine got a brush motor or an induction motor ?

Peter

Reply to
Peter