Siemens washing machine motor making sparks

I bought a Siemens washing machine (Model No. SIWAMAT XL WM53661BY a year ago for $566.00. Later I came to know that these models are manufactured in Poland, not in Germany, thats why there was no "MADE IN..." label on the machine. Though the back panel says "Siemens Elektrogerate GMBH" . Just after two days of purchase ,the machine would make initially a crackling sound on clockwise rotation during wash cycle, no matter what the size of load was, this sound would disappear after 10 minutes. Now just one day before the expiry of its one-year warranty, I heard constant sparking noise from the motor, peeked inside and saw sparks coming from the motor on CLOCKWISE rotation only. The motor did not make sparks when the drum rotated anitclockwise. My question is that if worn out motor brushes are the cause of such noisy sparks , why the motor doesn't make sparks on ANTICLOCKWISE rotation and during spin cycle? What could be the possible cause audible sparks during clockwise rotation only? I dot not expect a reliable washer manufacturer would use low quality carbon brushes that would wear out in one year.

Thank you.

Reply to
Mohammed Farooq

Mohammed Farooq wrote

I don't know about Europe but in North America only products made

*outside* the country *must* have a 'made in' sticker indicating the country of origin. Although products made in the same country as they are sold frequently have such a sticker to illicit favorable responses from nationalistic consumers.

Should have probably had it looked into a bit sooner?

There's nothing which says any wear has to take place uniformly.

The contacts on the stator (moving part of the motor) uneven (ie. catching in one direction and not the other), worn brushes, possibly other things as well depending on the design of the machine (which I'm not familiar with).

Sorry to inform you but... shit happens. That's why most manufacturers provide a warranty.

BTW. By your own statements, it didn't happen after a year but was likely a problem from "Just after two days of purchase" and should have been corrected at that time instead of running it into the ground.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Well Id be on the phone , not at AHR , you still have a warranty and by law may be covered if you report it now.

Reply to
mark Ransley