Voter Registration Limiting Factors!

Democracy is all well and good, but it seems that some individuals should not be permitted to vote.

The Brexit vote was derailed by lies and dishonosty regarding immigration and the NHS spending, and the US election has been won by a lying racist moron aided by the FBI.

In both cases if the voting process was restricted to people of average intelligence or above, there would not be a problem.

Sadly the unrest and trouble that both "democratic" processes have produced is purely and simply down to the stupidity of large numbers of the electorate.

As there seems to be no means of holding fraudulent politiciancs to account, the next step has to be to restrict voting powers to the mentally able.

Sadly it does mean that a large proportion of the contributors to this NG will be alienated, but they can at least take some comfort in knowing that their exclusion from the "democratic" process is in the common interest of all.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Oh dear. Another deluded individual who considers himself intellectual, but lacks the nous to remove spam sig lines from his client.

Reply to
Richard

I don't recall anyone pointing out that our democratic voice was going to be diluted by a factor of 28. There has been plenty of misrepresentation on both sides. I just prefer it if our own parliament has the casting vote on issues affecting this country. There's still nothing to stop you co-operating on issues of mutual interest, as was always the case.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Like the EU.

Reply to
dennis

No, there's an enormous difference between choosing to comply and having signed away your choice to do so.

Reply to
Andy Cap

It's the wrong way around.

Q. Douglas Adams "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

Reply to
ARW

Really? It's decided a 30mph limit makes sense in town. But only those who wish to comply need to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This true, so why have we decided to sign away our veto in an organization that can have a large effect on us?

Reply to
dennis

Although quite funny as intended, there is some grain of truth in it, but I fear it is not the intelligence which is the issue, its the lack of unbiased information. You may subscribe to a feed or facebook or twitter feed that you like and you like it as the people there think as you do and have your views, so you never see any other view. This is what causes all the benefit cheat lies and most of the weird voting results. Its just that nobody ever gets to see all of the big picture. Its s recipe that will end in everyone with a microview of their own world fighting everyone else who differs. In fact really we need to go the other way, appreciate how things get to be different for different people and embrace the changes needed to live in harmony. Not that is not to say that I agree with the current multicultural spiel from governments as is, I do not, but it might help explain why these politicians are seemingly out of touch. Walk down your street. If you can converse with people you feel safe, if your cannot due to language or culture then something is badly wrong. That is not being racist its feeling vulnerable, and not understanding the culture in your own land. After all, we move mountains to preserve ancient ways of life and protect small groups from the big bad world, but we took the eye off of exactly the same thing happening at home.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

More Remoaner propaganda!