No more filament bulbs

It said in the paper tonight that they are starting to wind down production of filament bulbs this year.

What are we meant to do with all the security lights where CFLs won't work?

What about my sitting room lights on a dimmer?

What about my "candle" bulb fittings where a CFL won't fit?

How am I meant to recycle those pesky CFLs when I can't dispose of them in the rubbish (landfill prohibition)?

Grrrr!

Reply to
John

|!It said in the paper tonight that they are starting to wind down |!production of filament bulbs this year. |! |!What are we meant to do with all the security lights where CFLs won't |!work?

Have you tried that newer smaller ones?

|!What about my sitting room lights on a dimmer?

Redesign your sitting room lighting

|!What about my "candle" bulb fittings where a CFL won't fit?

The EU is proposing that sale of non CFL bulbs be made illegal in *five* years time. Lots of time for CFL replacements for these to be designed and marketed.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Reply to
Mary Fisher

More like, lots of time to stock up with decent filament bulbs.

Reply to
Grumps

lots of time to stockpile filament bulbs and say f*ck em.

Reply to
John Rumm

What are the chances of a CFL oven lamp, I wonder.

AAMOI are 12V halogen spots doomed as well?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yep I'm really looking forward to them inventing a micro sized CFL bulb in a "G4" shape to replace the constellation of little 12V 10W halogens in a couple of my nicest lights.

Stockpiling soon!

Reply to
Simon Stroud

[Local authority home energy audit Gestapo] "Your name vil also go on zi list"
Reply to
Graham

There's sure to be a huge black market for these bulbs, or ebay from China, or market stalls. AL

Reply to
Al M

Really?

Including dealing with proper dimming and the pukey colours and dim output.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

|!> |!It said in the paper tonight that they are starting to wind down |!> |!production of filament bulbs this year. |!> |! |!> |!What are we meant to do with all the security lights where CFLs won't |!> |!work? |!>

|!> Have you tried that newer smaller ones? |!>

|!> |!What about my sitting room lights on a dimmer? |!>

|!> Redesign your sitting room lighting |!>

|!> |!What about my "candle" bulb fittings where a CFL won't fit? |!>

|!> The EU is proposing that sale of non CFL bulbs be made illegal in *five* |!> years time. Lots of time for CFL replacements for these to be designed |!> and |!> marketed. |! |!More like, lots of time to stock up with decent filament bulbs.

Well I bought a Staple Gun about 30 years ago, with a good stock of staples to fit. I am less than half way through that stock :-0

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

You, You, You, what?

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , Simon Stroud writes

Well technically speaking LEDs...... But at this point in time they are only on a par with tungsten halogen in terms of efficiency.

But they look lovely and sharp at low current.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

In article , Mary Fisher writes

No US US US!!!!

Reply to
John

I wouldnt believe everything you read.

But I do beleive hm govt is dumb enough to do it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Definitely not. Collectivism never works.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Metal Halide -- already taken over from halogen spots commercially.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not like the guys who were installing some flooring in a corner of our office. We had to carry on working whilst they worked through 10,000 staples in one afternoon.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember John saying something like:

The Ugly Americans won't go away just by shouting at them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

By doing what, exactly?

And oven lamps, and microwave lamps, and other low usage lamps (toilets) that do not need to be on all the time.

Low energy lamps are not recommended for these uses. They do not like short illumination.

Who is this EU that dictates to us, without our 'democratically' elected MPs voting on a yes or no.

Especially as we, the voters, do not even have a say in what is decided on in this so called democratic presidential, non cabinet government. :-((

Dave

Reply to
Dave