UPVC window handle (top)

Some of the plastic bits inside one window handle have broken.

A quick look shows many window handles with the statement "fits most windows".

For example:

Now "fits most windows" also means "doesn't fit some".

Any experience with this? Windows are outside the 10 year guarantee.

Then again I could just contact the original supplier who is about 15 miles away but the quick look has sparked my idle curiosity.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I fitted some similar to those (Yale) to what are probably first generation UPVC windows. Fit perfectly. The only problem is that the frame-mounted latch plate of the old ones is no longer needed, so the holes/discoloured plastic needs to be made good.

YMMV considerably - this is my only experience.

Reply to
RJH

This is where a nice little chrome blanking plate with adhesive backing comes in of course. You used to be able to get such things in different sizes, who is to know its not covering something mechanical after all? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Poundland sells plastic stickers.

Reply to