maximum width of top hung upvc casement window without a centre support

Does anyone know what the maximum width of a top hung upvc casement window is. Does it vary dependant on the different profiles out there. I have some windows 1.5 metres wide and would like the casement to be a single pane of glass like the rest of the window (2.4m high with 4 panes of glass including the single casement on the 3rd pane up). A pvc rep told me they can't go beyond 1.2m width without putting a support in the centre of the casement. This to me spoils the look as it won't be the same look as the other windows on the frontage. He argued that although stronger, even a wooden frame will eventually warp and cause problems with a window this width. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

TIA Sean

Reply to
Sean

Sir

It depends on the supplier, also as you shrink the height you can add a little more width. I reckon you need to spend the day on the phone seeing who can do the window like this.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper