Triton/Mira thermostatic shower thoughts

I need to install an instant electric shower with thermostatic control.

I have been recommended to use the Mira Advance 9.8kw (the largest thermo they make.)

My initial plan was to use a Triton 10.5kw thermostatic (about the same price as the Mira) but I was told that the Mira was a far better make, and would give a comparable flow rate (for a given temperature) than the lower powered Triton.

Give that;

  1. I have to use an instant electric shower.
  2. I have to have thermostatic control;

any thoughts/experiences/alternative makes please.

Thanks.

Reply to
Doctor D

Can't comment on others but MIL has had the Mira advance for 9 years with no trouble until 2 months ago when it died - replacement took 20 mins as the case etc has not changed, I was very impressed with it and wish I'd bought one instead of my Triton T100 (not thermostatic)

HTH Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

We've had the Advance 7.7(?)kW for well into the 'teens of years, in a very hard water area. It only started to give trouble after about 10 years when the boiler had become almost completely block with scale, and the controller couldn't compensate any more. Got the spare direct from Mira, at a very reasonable price, and replacement was quick and easy.

Reply to
Ian White

Thanks gents. Mira it is.

Reply to