Electric shower upgrade - thermostatic?

Firstly, I know they are pants, but I'm stuck with an electric shower! I want to replace our RUBBISH Triton t80 with probably a Mira Advance

9ish kw (electrics will be OK - I'm not fitting it!) . The Triton is good fun in that the temp moves from boiling hot to freezing cold in seconds for whatever reason. The thermostatic Mira sounds good but I am a bit concerned: Don't all showers claim to keep the water temp constant no matter what else is happening to the cold supply (my triton doesn't but is on its last legs)? If that is so, is it worth getting a thermo one? My main concern is that the spec says that as a safety feature, the shower will cut out if the pressure drops too low - I have visions of it constantly stoppping mid lather due to toilet flushing etc.

Also, roughly how much money/upheaval/joy/pain would be involved in fitting a water softener? In East london it's not just the schoolkids that are bl**dy hard! Help would be much appreciated. S

Reply to
backy

I am trying to find a source for this fixing.

fastens a blank panel on a sink unit. Apologies for the picture but my ASCII art could not cope. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
PJ

The fixing has the manufacturers name on it and Google has their address. Why don't you ask them?

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the response. I presumed ASA plastics of Wigan would produce a short run of these for a particular cabinet manufacturer. I found a lot of plastic moulding companies in the north west and since none of them have a web presence or email addresses I thought that they would not deal with the public.

But as usual, I may be wrong.

Many householders have a blank panel under the kitchen sink and I assumed that someone might have seen this type of fixing in a DIY catalogue. I have looked through Screwfix and B&Q sites without success.

PJ

Reply to
PJ

If you were to ring them you'd find out. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

I have a dying Triton t80 that veers between boling and freezing. I would like to upgrade to a Mira advance thermostatic but have a query regarding the low pressure safety shut off: If all showers 'claim' to keep a constant temp regardless of cold water usage elsewhere, do I really need a thermostatic one? My point is, if I can rely on a 'normal' shower then why should I pay extra for thermostatic? if the only 'advantage' is the safety shut down is that a good thing? I have visions of the safety shut down (when pressure drops too low) kicking in all the time which might be 'safer' but blooming annoying - I'd rather carry on dancing in and out as I do at present. Any experiences would be helpful, thanks in advance. As an aside, how much money/hassle/joy/pain should I be looking at to fit a water softener? Ta.

Reply to
backy

Had a Mira for a few years now and would be my only choice if you can't or don't want a power shower, they are the only ones I've used that keeps the temperature the same no matter what the pressure is ( any of the other showers where the "temp" control just acts as valve for adjusting the flow rate can't adjust the temp itself properly, on the Mira it is a real temperature control, it will always be the same regardless off incoming pressure and temperature ), and the pressure has to be very low before it will cut out, you can also disassemble the heater unit on them to properly descale them if need be

Reply to
Frank