Concealed door closers

I have to put door closers on my doors for my loft conversion. I'm looking at concealed door closers because I dont' want them to be seen, and I've been wondering... With concealed closers, does the concealment have to be in the door? Or can the door jam be drilled to hold the actual unit, and just attach the plate to the door?

Or is that the correct way, and I've just been making a bad assumption that it gets drille dinto the door?

TIA

Hamish.

Reply to
Hamie

The hidden door closers I've got are about 6 inches long and so have to go into the door not the frame. I've also got exposed closers - these have a big advantage in that you can adjust them to brake just before closing and so close without slamming - just a gentle click. I didn't want them at first (fire regs) but they do help to keep the rooms warm and am fitting them everywhere.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

My advice, buy the cheepest you can, and fit them so that when they are removed, they leave the least mess.

Once the BCO has gone, you won't want these things in your life.

With the closers you descibe, you can put either bit into the door.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I take it the doors actually have to close all the way... How does that work with old rim locks that you tend to have to turn the handle to get them to latch correctly?

Hamie