TOT household rubbish

On 29/03/2018 21:20, James Wilkinson Sword wrote: #

Many terraced houses in the area have little front garden and difficult access from front to back of property[1].

The waste is collected at lightening speed around my way in order not to block the roads which only have room for a single traveling vehicle because cars are parked both sides of the road. Often two men go ahead of the lorry to collect sacks into single large piles on one side of the road. As the lorry passes these piles are just thrown into the back. There is no need to attach bins to the back of the dustcart nor any time taken to return them.

[1] Most houses were built with narrow back alleys to the rear of the properties. These proved to be ideal passages for the garden shed thieves etc. and over time these have been blocked off at the ends and/or gardens extended to encompass the alley area. I remember a time around 25 years ago when daytime theft from gardens in my area during the long school holidays was attributed to gangs of school age kids.
Reply to
alan_m

Not so useful - especially in a microwave.

Reply to
Max Demian

Screws?! Don't you have one of those 25-drawer metal things form B&Q for that sort of stuff? How few screws do you have?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No reason we can't make biodegradable drinks bottles.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why does anyone want to eat that revolting stuff? I eat British food.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Like dishwasher tablets. Why the f*ck do they feel the need to individually wrap them? Apart from wasting plastic, they're a bloody nuisance to open, in fact the Asda ones require a knife to open, otherwise the tablet falls to bits when you finally manage to split the plastic.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What, like curry and rice?

Reply to
Max Demian

MSG makes them tasty.

Some British "Indian" and "Chinese" dishes are not seen outside of our shores?

Reply to
alan_m

Every time I've seen documentaries where British reporters go abroad, a lot of the time they hate the local food, so there IS shit over there too.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Years and years ago there was 3 pence (old money) back on the (glass) bottle when you bought pop. Any shop which sold that brand would give you the three pence back on return.

Reply to
bert

And you had to work out which bloody shops sold each brand.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No, curry's Indian and rice is Chinese.

I was going to write "rice's Chinese" but that doesn't seem to look right.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword