TOT: cookies

Because I searched the other day for 'thick card' I am now getting ads for firms making business cards. They can bugger off. I make my own.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

on 08/12/2018, Bill Wright supposed :

Stop using Google as your search engine..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I am surprised Google didn't return harry's home address.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had also hoped that modern search intelligence would realise that when I search for blind access to various resources and software that google and its ilk would not try to sell me Venetian blinds, but it is a forlorn hope.

No wonder there are filters for adult content. I can just imagine what a search for King Dick spanners might start. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well I find that the current incarnation of google is not so good as the previous one. Its got too many options to set before you can get anything resembling what you got before. Also ad blockers seem not to work much any more duckduckgo orstartpage are ok but still you have to mess with lots of settings. For a quick and dirty search they all suck. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What are these adverts you speak off?

Reply to
mm0fmf

Indeed, Brian, the dirtier the search the more they suck. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good