Todays top tip

I've one of those tucked away, but it's not a USB one.

Reply to
charles

No need, just take the sealed unit out provided it's externally glazed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Have you ever smashed the standard sort of double glazed unit that you'd find with windows where the handles lock?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A cruel and unnatural punishment.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You mean like this '95 one I'm using now?

Not be happy going back to a 960X600 14" screen, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Given that burglary isn't my occupation, no :-) But don't you still have to clear the glass out of the way having smashed it?

Reply to
Clive George

All ours are internally glazed for just that reason.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So are ours, for the same reason and the reduction of gaps to let air and water in and provide a crevice for algae. With externally glazed these days I think they (should!) use a double sided sticky tape to stop the unit just being lifted out.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

When I get these phonecalls claiming to be from the 'Windows department' I immediately tell them I have just had new A+ double glazing fitted and I don't need new windows. This generally throws them a bit, and despite what they say, keep on insisting that you don't need new windows. They soon give up.

Reply to
Andrew

I ask him where the windows key is on the Digital LK450 that I use.

After leading him up the garden path somewhat I tell him I am using VAx/VMS which is 40 years old, and probably older than him.

Reply to
Andrew

It has its uses for one-fingered typing of a password with mixed case while drinking tea or holding open a computer manual, or talking to someone on the phone, or ...

Reply to
Andrew

Its not that easy, they have double sided sticky glazing strips on the inside to make it more difficult even after you have prised the bead out.

Easy to cut the strip from inside but difficult from outside.

We had some externally glazed ones once and you wouldn't waste your time trying to break in.

Its easier to cut through the internally glazed frames and take the panel out.

Hot knife through PVC^Wbutter.

Reply to
dennis

West Sussex libraries are just this week getting rid of all the public computers with screens not much larger than that. Windoze XP too. Not sure what the replacement will be, but Windoze 10 is rumoured. God knows how much Serco will be charging.

Reply to
Andrew

Well don't try a Turkish one. They seem to have two different keys for characters that both look like an 'l'.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I remember someone telling me "it isn't possible to program an Apple II in C because the {} keys don't exist on it".

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

but unless the typewriter has micro spacing, it still looks crap (I would argue that it actually looks worse than ragged-right)

tim

Reply to
tim...

In article , Tim Streater writes

So why does it have a typewriter keyboard?

Reply to
bert

I can remove my living room window from the outside (and did so to put a couch through it - because house designers don't make hallways and doors wide enough). This is because the glazier didn't put it in the right way round. There is a beading you can pull off with a small flat screwdriver, this should be situated on the inside, but quite often it isn't.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

One word. Trigraph.

Reply to
Bob Eager

En el artículo , Jeff Layman escribió:

Hint: It's a *Windows* key. Duh.

Addendum: ctrl-shift-Esc brings up Task Mangler. On Windows.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson