OT; Todays top H&S tip

1) When carrying two bags of food from the car to the house, do not trip over the kerb.

2) Should you trip over the kerb, try not to descend headfirst into a low level rose bush.

This will result in comments like 'Oh botheration' and cause a 80mm scar from left eye to cheek bone.

Fortunately my sister in law ( senior staff nurse) and daughter (paramedic) were on hand to pull assorted thorns from my cranium and stem the bleeding.

Risk assessment; If carrying shopping wear suitable face protection & non slip footwear.

Don't you feel like a complete prat when you do something like that?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Don't you have a Mrs to do these things for you ?

Reply to
geoff

The question is, at which point in the proceedings did they start laughing? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

He is about a month early with his crown of thorns. ;-)

Reply to
PJ

Done in the true spirit of "face-plant" :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Are you claiming compensation from the bush grower?

Reply to
John

Someone else's tradegy here:

"When carrying ridiculous quantities of stuff the short distance from your car to the office, take an extra moment to use the shoulder strap on your laptop case. If you don?t, you will trip over said shoulder strap, fracture your ankle on your wheel-arch, smash your laptop on the concrete and ? because you are carrying too many things and can?t put your arms out ? land flat on your face in front of eight builders, breaking a tooth and permanently damaging your ego. #LFMF

From the 'Learn from my fail' blog, that sits on the top of my FeedDemon RSS reading list.

Reply to
Adrian C

The most 'pratty' thing I ever did (in that vein, at least) was a few years ago when walking along a busy street minding my own business, when I stepped on one of those bits of stiff plastic strapping used by the the likes of newspaper vendors to bundle up newspapers. This bit had been pulled off, than cut off, so was lying on the pavement was a hoop about 18" in diameter.

When my left foot stepped on the hoop, it immediately flipped up perpendicular to the ground. By this time, my right foot was already moving through the air, and entered the hoop, which was firmly anchored to the ground by my body weight.

All within a single ohnosecond, I stumbled, and as my right foot came off the ground, the hoop was yanked up and over my foot by the force of my left leg moving forward.

At this point my upper body was still making onward progress at walking pace, while woefully at the same time my ankles were firmly anchored together by the plastic hoop. So naturally, down I went in the manner of a felled telegraph pole.

No lasting damage done, but not the most elegant moment of my life.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Almost immediately :-)

Youngest daughter took immediate action - took a photo on her phone so she can post a pic on facebook.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

"The Medway Handyman" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Don't forget to post a link to it...

Reply to
Adrian

?pid=4085832&id=712196649

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In the distant past, I've walked into things because I was looking at the girl and not where I was going. That caused blood on one occasion.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Doing a Rowan Atkinson?

Adrian C

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Had an accident at work?

You keep every penny!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon wibbled on Sunday 07 March 2010 13:40

Oh I hate those. Joys of flu (now getting better) is watching daytime TV semi comatose (that's the right way BTW and thank heavens for Virgin channel and infinite Star Trek).

So many adverts. One was a woman (it's always women???) getting tangled and tripping on some some banding tape as another poster mentioned. OK - that does point towards sloppy procedures.

But another, some other woman (??) slipping on a washed floor. FFS - don't her eyes work?

Why are we unable to find the happy medium between "Asbestos company doesn't give a rat's" and "stupid pillock can't see water on floor".

Biggest mistake they ever made was allowing solicitors to advertise. No-win, no fee has it's place but the advertising just encourages the morons.

Reply to
Tim Watts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim Streater saying something like:

Your missus clouted you?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

?pid=4085832&id=712196649>> Content unavailable.

Just clicked the link & it works for me.

Try here

?id=581528621&ref=mf

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

?pid=4085832&id=712196649>> Content unavailable.

Presumably only if you're a facebook member?

Reply to
Lobster

?pid=4085832&id=712196649>>>> Content unavailable.

Ah. Possibly. It hadn't occured to me that others here wern't as cool as me :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman