Things that p**s you off...

Must admit I don't actually find VoIP that cheap. Might be good for international stuff, but compared to the various deals and bundles available on POTS these days it seems to be nothing special, unless you are talking to another VoIP user.

Reply to
John Rumm

Now you're cooking with gas!

Reply to
Tim Streater

They're all like that unless you're on an unbundled exchange.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes, I've recently had bounces from talktalk addresses. do you think they told thir people that some of their legacy servers had been aliased to others?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

More things that piss me off, since we are all having a dump. capchars on sites where there is really no way to use the fields to cause spam Capchars in general whether audio, incomprehensible or graphic, no good for me. Capchars used right at the end of a huge form on several pages with no warning there is one at the start.

Talk about a waste of time. Then there are those non reading people who, despite a big sign saying we do not deal with cold or doorstep callers or vendors, who persist in calling nonetheless. PPI phone calls from parts of the world where they cannot pronounce my name properly but all seem to have names like Alice or Robert.

People who, when I'm walking down the street freeze and make no sound then get a bit pidssed off when i clobber their shins with me white cane. Its not rocket science.

People who consistently park over dropped curbs leaving you to try to find the gap while in the middlw of a busy road.

Electric vehicles that make no bloody sound and then the drivers yelll at you as if you have no white cane. Sheesh. I'm emigrating to a land where we are all blind I think.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Frying pan , fire. jump?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Scuse me asking prolly dumb questions, Brian. I presume that you have a text to speech converter for reading these posts? How do you access the posts? How do you reply? Braille keyboard? How do you find the 'send' button for example. I have no idea of what's available.

Reply to
brass monkey

As a Pluto user, have you also got ConvText :-

It might be more convenient than a load of case-changing

John

Reply to
JTM

The "proper" command in Excel is handy for capitalising the first letter of words (and "de-capitalising" text all in capitals). I use it for race entries to tidy up the appearance as I hate a mishmash of all capitals, all lower case etc.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I don't have Virgin cabling anywhere near me, and I get bombarded in advertising too. I don't know why they send someone out to leaflet our road which they don't supply.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Does it understand de, von, Mac, and other prefixes?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We only use VoIP now. Given up on conventional phones and its cheaper for us they way we use it and more controllable and the call quality is better....

And best of all we don't have to deal with BT;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

#!/usr/bin/perl

while () { $_ =~ s/\b(\w)/uc($1)/eg; print $_; }

Sorted. Well, not sorted, but initial caps, anyway.

Reply to
Huge

I got fed up with TalkTalk dropping the connection and not being able to contact them. Getting out of the 2 year contract was interesting, including them ignoring registered letters to their business addresses when I took advantage of a break point in the contract.

Now I'm receiving threatening letters about unpaid bills, they say they will register the amounts with a credit agency. The strange thing is I always paid by direct debit and have not changed the instruction, my thought being that if they do take the money I have recourse to the small claims court to get this and the year's overcharge back.

It looks like a year contract for about 19 quid pcm which is comparable with the GBP190 my isp suggest I will be charged by openreach if the interference on my line is a fault inside my house. I still have the box from NTL days, and the only reason I went with them in 95 was I knew of no other way of getting internet access.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Or paste the text into Word, mark it all with Ctrl-A and then use Shift-F3 to cycle through options until you get what you want.

Doesn't work for McPherson, etc..!

Reply to
Bob Eager

No. Just tested it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But as soon as some LLU appears, Plusnet will suddenly become cheaper. They run on BT's equipment, so they don't need to LLU. In one case the only LLU available was TalkTalk, who I didn't want to touch with a bargepole. But their presence made the exchange Market 2 and magically Plusnet was available.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Why do you keep making posts with no content other than your email address?

Reply to
F Murtz

Yup, I can see that advantage. Solved that one by offloading my phone lines onto my broadband providers!

Reply to
John Rumm