The end of an era approaches

I know that. That's what I "thought" I'd typed.

Had you not got so carried away chasing typos you might have pointed out that my claim about Babs "joining late" was quite simply wrong. She was however the last of the five to join at least accrding to some accounts.

Especially if you're a lyotard/leg warmer/support bandage/fan/fetishist.

michael adams

michael adams

As a teenager, my then girlfriend (a trainee nurse) was given tickets to a BBC variety show.

Black and white TV of course but the dancers costumes were wisps of gossamer!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I wasn't doing that. Typos tend to be obvious.

Not sure myself. She was, perhaps, the favourite of the most on the studio floor. Including my supervisor. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My fault for not checking that the reporters had got their facts right. Andi Rutherford's obituary said she was the third of the five founding members to die, so, when I saw Ruth Pearson's obituary, with comments from Dee Dee Wilde, I assumed the latter was the sole survivor.

In fact, according to Wikipedia, although they were part of Pan's People when they first appeared on TOTP, neither Andi Rutherford nor Ruth Pearson were founder members. They and Louise Clarke came in as replacements when other members left prior to TOTP.

Reply to
Nightjar

Ah, Pan's People. Lovely Babs.

Can't remember her name...