More Ikea crap - 25 year kitchen warrenty not worth the paper it's written on

"Ikea slams the door on its 25-year kitchen guarantee"

Ikea refuses to honour 25 year warranty, relying on third party firm which forges customer's signature on its "inspection report"

A warranty about as robust as their furniture, then.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Surely the forged signature would put the customer on a strong footing in court.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I installed my Ieeka kitchen just under ten years ago with a 10 year guarantee at the time......recently all the doors are delaminating and guess what ? ...the doors are not covered by the ten year guarantee...no wonder I never buy anything with a guarantee,,,cars or whatever.....pay peanuts and take a chance I say because guarantees are not worth the paper they are written on ..... and they have changed some unit designs so direct replacement drawer doors are not available ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

...and the double Belfast sink marks too easily

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I was given some good advice by a wall coating company some years ago, and it also applies to most other things like furniture, double glazing etc. Ask this question of any written guarantee. Who underwrites the insurance for this? If you get crap or cannot confirm its a bona fide well known company, don't touch it with a barge pole.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I installed an Ikea kitchen with a 10 year guarantee in my father's house and after nine years one of the doors above the hob was starting to discolour and peel a little on one edge. I took it, and my receipt, into the local Ikea, they had a look at it and invited me to choose a complete set of new doors and drawer fronts of any pattern I wanted.

They arrived from Germany on a pallet around 10 days later.