Tacwise Nailer

Bought one of the 191 EL models on the 2 December, went to use it for the second time yesterday & it packed up on me halfway around the back of a three door wardrobe I was assembling.

Striker operated as normal, but no nail came out. Tried it with staples, same result (Tacwise nails & staples).

If you unloaded/reloaded it fired one nail or staple then stopped again. No jam I could see. Called the Tacwise helpline. went through everything, no joy.

Took it back to Screwfix today, who to their credit exchanged it no question & gave me a free insulated mug!

Screwfix bloke said without prompting, "we've had a few of these back".

Anyone else had a problem?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No,but then again I got mine from Argos,maybe screwme had a bad batch?

Reply to
George

Spose that's possible - which doesnt bode weel for the replacement. Good tool when its working.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Buy a box of screwme staples or nails and see if thats the problem if it occurs with replacement,thats what I bought instead of the tacwise staples and nails,have not had any problems after firing about 70 nails and 300 staples.

Reply to
George

No.

The way to go is a small pancake compressor and air nailers or a Paslode.

Reply to
Andy Hall

LOL - I took my Paslode IM350 (3 months old, 5000 nails through it) back to Screwfix a week ago for a similar problem, and also was offered an instant exchange.

It fact the no hassles exchange tempts me to view the ebay bargains less favourably - particularly on tools like nailers that are prone to becoming troublesome.

Reply to
dom

I do have a small compressor in the workshop & I agree its much more efficiant. Bit OTT for pinning the back on an Argos wardrobe though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was going to suggest my Senco Framing Nailer. That will put 100mm nails into whatever so should do this job admirably, as well as "persuading" non paying customers :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Mine's been through a couple of thousand nails and is still going strong. Only a handful of staples though.

Reply to
Skipweasel