Tacwise nailers

Having bought about 4 electric nailers in the past, all of which have been a pile of s**te, I'm a bit cynical about them.

Saw a Tacwise today, looked at their web site & it seems like a quality bit of kit.

Anyone got any experience of the brand?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dave,

Don't bother with electric, if you are thinking about it, buy a paslode or hitachi gas nailer. A lot better to work with.

Rgd

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Hi Steve

I only want to use it for nailing backs in flatpack & nailing beading to skirting.

If I were considering large nails for decking etc I'd buy an air nailer & compressor, much more efficient & cost effective than a paslode.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, but since you've killfiled me, you will never know.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've been using a 191EL-Pro all day. It's OK, but suffers from being a tad unwilling to put a 20mm pin into MDF unless you /really/ press down on the handle to stop it bucking.

Three complaints (I did complain, I wrote to them and got a polite if not terribly helpful reply)

1) If you're working in a situation where it's hard to apply a lot of pressure the kickback is enough to make you accidentally fire a second shot a split second after the first. That should have been easily fixed at the design stage by having the electronics lock the switch out for half a second after a shot - but it doesn't. It doesn't happen often but when it does it's annoying as the second shot is rarely successful. 2) The cable isn't long enough to reach a normal ceiling. If you're fitting panelling or anything that goes up to or is on the ceiling you have to use an extension. OK, I have several extensions, but it's awkward to arrange it so the lead isn't taking the weight of the extension. Another couple of feet on the lead would have allowed it to reach most domestic ceilings while leaving the reel on the floor so you can kick it along with you as you traverse. Yeah, you can say "Oh, well, then you'd want another foot and then another". True, but this one really is a bit too short. 3) At the price point I'd have expected a blowmoulded case, not a tatty bit of cardboard.

It's well made though - solid, nice action on the magazine etc.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I bought the cordless one:

- I only took the plunge because I was able to collect the special offers together. I think I paid =A399 for it (I'll have to check the receipts to tell you where), including a moderate amount of free staple & nails. I then also picked up on an offer via the company's website for a further =A3100 of staples and nails - I had to hassle them several times on the phone - but eventually got them.

(see the offer here

)

I bought it because my arrow nailer was unreliable.

New one: weighs a ton is a very professional kit in terms of build quality, case, 2 batts & fast charger. the nail/staple receiver is very well engineered (and is very quick to change loads - you just put nails or staples in a different position)

It uses a motor to draw back and release the bolt *after* you pull the trigger - so there is slight delay on every shot. Some people may find that irritating.

Biggest plus, works well. Biggest minus, weight.

Reply to
dom

and the rest of us? (or is this a private feud?)

Reply to
Si

I love it,I got mine from Argos and they made a boob on the listing price at the time I purchased it.

This is the one and the correct price as it is now whereas I got it for £19.99 :-)

George

Hi Dave,

I have a second fix paslode for that, seems to work fine, and no leads to dangle around.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Bought the 190 and after a quick try out it seems to do the business. Our huge B&Q is 100 yds from the Screwfix depot so I checked prices - both the same but the Screwfix deal included a plastic case.

Like the idea of staples for the back of flat packs - much better idea.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman