electric nailers

just had to get a new shed and want to insulate and line it. Did this to my previous shed and drove my neighbor wild with the endless tap, tap bang of driving home endless nails. Thought it might be quicker and quieter with a nailer. Not actually measured the thickness of the cladding, but I guess in the region of quarter inch. Anyone any experience of these machines; are they up to it. The max. size for electric seems to be 18g.. Spent hours po ndering over this reading reviews on Amazon etc. Has anyone any practical experience of using these things? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Reply to
chrisW

Borrow or buy a compressor then you have a better choice of better nailers.

Reply to
F Murtz

my previous shed and drove my neighbor wild with the endless tap, tap bang of driving home endless nails. Thought it might be quicker and quieter wit h a nailer. Not actually measured the thickness of the cladding, but I gues s in the region of quarter inch. Anyone any experience of these machines; a re they up to it. The max. size for electric seems to be 18g.. Spent hours pondering over this reading reviews on Amazon etc. Has anyone any practica l experience of using these things? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I've got an Arrow light pinner, and a Tacwise electric nailer - neither wou ld be slightest use in attaching timber cladding.

Hire a gas nailer.

Reply to
dom

There are new lekky (cordless) nailers about that can pack the same punch as a paslode or a pneumatic finish/framing nailer. IIRC Dewalt do one.

Reply to
John Rumm

And I has one! Freebie for review. It's a truly excellent tool, but costs over 500 quid.

Reply to
dom

just had to get a new shed and want to insulate and line it. Did this to my previous shed and drove my neighbor wild with the endless tap, tap bang of driving home endless nails. Thought it might be quicker and quieter with a nailer. Not actually measured the thickness of the cladding, but I guess in the region of quarter inch. Anyone any experience of these machines; are they up to it. The max. size for electric seems to be 18g.. Spent hours pondering over this reading reviews on Amazon etc. Has anyone any practical experience of using these things? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Screw it!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I doubt it. It's still bashing in a nail. If you really are worried about the noise, screw them in place by hand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Screw the neighbour, if you are doing at a reasonable time (the shed).

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Isn't that the ARW solution?