Kenmore Water Softener

My water softener seems to have quit or at least is working half heartily. The salt tank is half full of brine. It still has some salt ,about 4" inthe tank and I've been hesitent to add more because of the brine level. Whats happening?

Stormin

Reply to
Stormin

Sounds like it's not pumping out the brine. I had a couple kenmore softeners over the years, and had this problem a number of times. Most often it can be fixed by cleaning the venturi. If it's lask my last one, just take the top off (4 screws) and you will see a plastic dome-like thing over at the left. Take it off like a jar lid. Wathe carefully where all the bits are as you take them out. the venturi itself is just an impression in the plastic. Clean it with soft cloth. Also be sure the tiny hole in the little black rubber plug is clear. Reassemble.

I believe you can see an Owners Manula fot it at the Sears Web site.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

Thanks Ed,

I'll have a go at the venturi and also see if I can get a manual off the Sears site..

Stormin

Reply to
Stormin

I have a Kenmore Water Softener, model # 625.348591. The Salt Storage Tank keeps filling up with water. I emptied it 2 days ago and it is

3/4 full again today. Can anyone give me a hint of what is going wrong? I cleaned the Venturi and it parts 2 days ago.
Reply to
Butch

Possible the inlet valve is leaking by.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

In article , snipped-for-privacy@diybanter.com says... | |I have a Kenmore Water Softener, model # 625.348591. The Salt Storage |Tank keeps filling up with water. I emptied it 2 days ago and it is |3/4 full again today. Can anyone give me a hint of what is going |wrong? I cleaned the Venturi and it parts 2 days ago.

Typical failure points are the mixing valve and salt bridges. You can order a rebuild kit from Sears repair parts on their web site if you are up to the task.

Reply to
Steven Stone