Stuart Turner Showermate or Monsoon?

Hi

I am replacing a failed shower pump and intend to choose a Stuart Turner. It must be a twin, +ve head unit. It will power a single Mira shower so I've been advised that a 1.5-1.8 bar unit will be sufficient.

My plumber has advised a Stuart Turner Showermate but has given me the option of a Monsoon, which is considerably more expensive. The noise level is critical for me as the pump will be located in an enclosure in a bedroom.

How do the noise levels of the Showermate and Monsoon compare?

Is the Showermate noisey?

Is it worth paying the extra for a Monsoon for my simple application?

David

Reply to
DavidA

I *think* mine is a Monsoon, and it is very quiet. Check the specs, one of the key words is "regenerative" and it is what distinguishes the decent Stuart Turners from the cheap Screwfix types.

It means a clever impeller instead of simple paddles (like in a washing machine waste pump)

Reply to
newshound

I have a Twin Monsoon going spare but it's a 1 Bar model,It's brand new in it's box never been used as I decided on an Atmos combi boiler so extra pressure wasn't needed. If you're interested I'll try and upload some pictures. I paid £276 for it in 2006.

Don

Reply to
Donwill