Which Shower Pump?

I want to install a shower pump. There are loads on the market, all with different 'Bar' ratings. Can anyone advise me on the 'Bar' rating that I need for a single 'over the bath' shower?

I have a tradional 36x16 hot water cylinder, a cold water tank in the loft. The hwc and the bathroom are both on the first floor of the house. The cold water to the shower is fed from the cwt. The feed pipe from the hwc to the shower, and from the cwt, is 15mm. The pump will be under the bath and will only supply the shower and bath taps.

The shower valve which is thermostatic, and the shower head are from Bristan's Qube range.

Thanks

Colin

Reply to
colin devonport

Any shower pump sold in the UK will run a single standard over the bath shower.

Then you will need a twin impellor to pump cold and hot.

The main differences between pumps is the quality, resistance to hard water scaling, ability to run continuously without a rest and ability to run multiple outlets simulataneously.

For this system I would recommend a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar twin. If you want something more heavy duty, go for a Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.0 bar twin.

There are cheaper alternatives, but the Stuart Turner is likely to have lower Total Cost of Ownership over a long period.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle