ADVICE: Thinking about installing a shower pump.

RIght, I can turn my hand to a bit of diy but I like to take my time and be sure and methodical. The only plumbing Ive ever done though is fit an outdoor tap and now, as our shower is so naff I'm looking to fit a shower pump.

The shower is a combined tap and shower unit over the bath upstairs, this is on the same level as the airing cubboard tank and there's a water storage tank in the attic. (incidentally the hot water power through the tap seems good but not good via the shower head, we've even tried different heads and pipes to no avail)

So, I'm thinking of buying a Stuart Turner one, as after a google group search of this group that seems to be one of the well recommended ones and there's this one on ebay

seems a good price and being a positive type should be right I believe for my system.

Now Ive had a look too about "surrey valves" and this is were I'm starting to get a wee bit worried about the plumbing side.

As I understand it, I would need to remove (this is the hot water feed side) the current pipe from the top of my hot water cylinder and replace it with one of these? is that right?

Reply to
Donnie

yes, it's just a type of tee. The pump feed has to the first off both tanks.

Geting the electric up there will be the problem. The presure of the hot & cold has to be the same. Also a pump can empty a tank very quickly.

Reply to
zaax

> which seems a good price and being a positive type should be right I

I also have a stuart turner pump, twin, 1 Bar Monsoon, I bought it to fit a similar situation to yourself, however I ended up fitting a new Combi boiler so it was surplus to requirements. It's brand new, still in it's box with hoses and full instructions and original invoice..I bought it from Plumbworld in January 2008 for £275. I'm in North Shropshire if you are interested. It's doing nothing here so you could have it for £70 if you collect. Sorry can't help with the Surrey flange. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

Hmmm to be honest I was looking more for the 1.5bar but you're about

130miles from me too, so with petrol etc......
Reply to
Donnie

How do you mean getting the electricity up there? The pump goes in the airing cupboard beside the hot water tank not in the attic doesnt it? I can get it hooked into the 'leccy in the airing cupboard surely?

Reply to
Donnie

I took mine from the supply to the airing cupboard via a fused double pole switch.

Reply to
Invisible Man

It depends if you have room. BTW it's a Surrey Flange

Reply to
zaax