Close coupled WC elbow

One of the loos (which looks like it's close-coupled) has a plastic elbow to connect it to the cistern. The elbow seems to be screwed-on to the back of the pan but the joint is leaking. I've tried searching for "flush cone elbow" and similar things - what's it called and where can I get a seal?
Dave
Add pictures here
✖
NoSpam wrote:

I think you mean 'low level' rather than close-coupled? Low level look like this http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Sandringham_Low_Level_Toilets.html?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign þed1
In which case you need one of these; http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74071/Plumbing/Toilet-Fittings/Flushcone-Internal-Clear-PVC#BVRRWidgetID
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Sandringham_Low_Level_Toilets.html?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign þed1
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74071/Plumbing/Toilet-Fittings/Flushcone-Internal-Clear-PVC#BVRRWidgetID
Nope! It looks just like a standard close-coupled set-up (and uses a standard close-coupled doughnut and metal plate) but the cistern flushes into a plastic elbow which is screwed to the back of the pan. It's as if they had a large batch of standard pans and needed to find a way to convert them into close-coupled ones - the house was built about 15 years ago. I presume the elbow has a flush cone attached to it but I don't want to take it off until I know I can get a replacement - I don't want to leave the tenants without a loo.
Dave
Add pictures here
✖
NoSpam wrote:

Aha! I came across one of those a few months ago. I wondered at the time if they had made a 'multi use' pan that could be used either way.

The one I came across did have a flush cone under the plastic elbow thingy.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

... snipped

Thanks Dave. Can you remember how the elbow was sealed to the pan (because mine isn't any more)? did the elbow have a stub that went into a standard flush cone?
Dave
Add pictures here
✖
NoSpam wrote:

Errrm. It was a while ago....
I do recall it was a bugger to seal - I had to go back because of a minor drip.
I do recall definately using a new flush cone and LSX.
The WC was a brand name I recognised.
If anything more comes back to me I'll let you know.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I just had another look. It's an elbow with a flange that bolts onto the back of the pan, a spigot that fits into the back of the pan with a very soft short seal, and a top part that takes the normal close-coupling doughnut and clamp screws. The spigot seal is softer than flush cones that I've seen before and is starting to decompose. The pan has quite a thin wall at the back rather than the usual socket - any ideas for what this seal might be called and where to get one?
Add pictures here
✖