Cistern - Close Coupled - Feeble Flush!

Hi,

I recently had all the internal components in my close coupled cistern replaced. It all works OK, but the flush is pretty lousy - it seems to move paper around a bit, then give up. The cistern only half-empties, which I guess is part of the problem? It's definitely not one of those "quick flush or hold for full flush" economy thingies, as I've tried this method, and the water level (pre-flush) in the cistern is certainly high-enough, coming only half an inch below the overflow. It's not a blockage either, as I can poor plenty of water down the pan using a bucket (which is necessary when things start to build up!).

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

bub.

Reply to
Mil

You may find the replacement syphon is designed not to flush the entire cistern out. This is a water saving measure and required for new installations that have limited flush capacities.

However, cisterns for old pans designed to have more water may still be used if the pan is already installed. This is usually achieved by stopping up some holes in the side of the syphon with the supplied plugs. The holes break the syphonic effect earlier than would otherwise be the case.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

You'll find your new syphon has three holes in the side about one inch apart vertically.

There should be a plastic plug covering two of these three holes.

If the middle and bottom bottom holes are plugged, the flush will be 6 litres ( the new regulation)

To increase the flush to 9 litres the middle and top holes must be plugged instead.

If the top hole alone is plugged the flush will be 7 litres.

Reply to
mackem