Shower Pump opinions...

So, further to my quest to improve the bathroom, I'm now looking at pumps... Stuart Turner seems to be highly recomended, but we blew the budget on the bath... So we're looking at their "Showermate" range rather than their "Monsoon" range... and what I've just noticed is that basically the showermate range use 15mm fittings and the monsoon use 22mm, and we need a dual pump.

Our plumbing round the HW tank and from there to the bathroom (both hot and cold) is 22mm. So would fitting adapters to an ST Showermate pump have any adverse effeect? We're probably looking at the 1.4 or possibly the 1.8 bar pump. It's only to drive a single shower and fill the bath. (Which already fills reasonably quick anyway, probably due to all the 22mm piping)

Or should I really squeeze the budget and got for a 1 bar Monsoon? (the performance curves are almost better, despite the reduced pressure)

Current max. head of water from the top of the shower to the bottom of the cold tank in the loft is only about 1 metre and while the shower is adequate, it's nothing to write home about, so just about anything will feel better!

I looked at other pumps (on the Plumbworld site) and while some of them have 22mm fittings for less money, none of them seem to have the flow rate for the same pressure as the ST pumps do!

Cheers,

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

The 1.8 bar Showermate will do a good job. THe main difference is that the assembly is engineering plastic rather than the brass of the Monsoon range.

THey still have a good quality British made motor.

The good thing is that spare parts are easily available at reasonable prices (I just changed a relay board in one of mine for about £20) and ST give good technical help as well.

Unless you are going to go for the higher capacity Monsoon then I would go for the Showermate.

Either are far better than the rubbish in the DIY sheds.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Having to replace a pump, I wanted one as similar as possible (for the fitting). Went for a Screwfix one in the end which is 1.5 Bar. Not what you would call quiet but certainly does the job.

Reply to
Bob Mannix