Shower pump vibration

I will be putting in a shower pump, about 2 bar (maybe ST showermate 1.8 or Monsoon 2.0). The pipe run to the bath/shower from the pump will quite long. I will be putting in new pipework.

Just want to ask if I should use plastic pipe to kill vibration from the pump into the pipes, or will the flexible connectors damp enough to allow me to use copper without making the house sound like the engine room on the QE2.

Thanks, Egremont.

Reply to
DIYSOS

I used copper in my last house in the run in the airing cupboard, with no excessive shower pump noise problems. The copper pipe went to plastic for the run across the loft and back to copper in the bathroom wall.The flexible connectors and standing the pump on 4 or 6 layers of carpet (including lining the wall) all prevented the vibration getting anywhere.

A mate of mine with the airing cupboard and shower pump in his bedroom, encased the pump in a box thickly lined with polystyrene (but ventilated). Worked well, pump motor got no hotter than when it wasn't in a box.

Reply to
Ian_m

Thanks - sounds encouraging!. This pump will be under the stairs leading to a dining room, and I will be throwing everything at it (I've got plenty of ideas) to kill any noise. At least the floor is concrete. An option if needed might be to run to a metre or two of plastic pipe then to copper.

One other thing about these Stuart Turner pumps - is there a control that lets you regulate (ie turn down) the water pressure if needs be?.

Thx.

Reply to
Egremont

OK I can answer my own question - use a pessure-reducung valve.

Reply to
Egremont

Hi,

BES do flexibles up to 1.5m, not too expensive either.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C