Strange triangular screw head

I need to replace the bulb in a plastic outdoor light fitting that takes a 2D type flourescent light bulb.
The cover is held own by two screws with heads of a type I've never seen before
The heads are triangular and each side of the triangle is a convex curve about 5mm long.
I'd be grateful for any info on what these are called and where I might find a tool to remove them
Murmansk wrote:

Perhaps these?
<https://google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&q=TP3+security+screws
Yes I saw something similar on the back of a Sony TV many moons ago.
One assumes its supposed to stop little johnny undoing them and poking his fingers near high voltages. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
On 29/11/15 18:10, Murmansk wrote:

I've seen those - some sort of security bit.
Perhaps try Toolstation (etc) for a mixed pack of security bits - these seem to cover all the weird stuff I've seen.
Thanks no joy so far but I may have given a misleading description when I said "screw" - maybe I should have said bolt as it's the head that is triangular so it needs a mini socket to remove it
This photo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ifgjpfh9s2oh77/Capture.JPG?dl=0
shows the shape of the thing but refers to a head with a hole in of this shape - I needs to remove a screw with a head that IS that shape!

Just out of interest, is there a reason a light with security screws has been used? Is it in a public place? If not, I think replacement with another light without security screws will save a lot if aggro.
Presumably the fixture came with a security screw key that the sparky has made off with to ensure repeat business.
Tim

Try a normal socket (adjust size to match the head).
5.5mm sockets remove the old Thorne lighting security screws.
--
Adam

Murmansk wrote:

Straight sided triangel, rather than curved triangle, a bit bigger than you want, and the wrong side of the Atlantic, but it might get you closer ...
<http://www.wihatools.com/300seri/344_triangles.htm
On 29/11/2015 19:11, Murmansk wrote:

If the head is "proud" as opposed to recessed, then as said, a normal socket will probably do it, as long as it's not too tight.
Or one of those "multi pin" socket things are sometimes good for odd shaped things.
On 29/11/2015 18:10, Murmansk wrote:

Buy a set of security drivers from CPC.
Bill
On Sunday, 29 November 2015 18:10:57 UTC, Murmansk wrote:

A socket should work. If not... http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Screws#Removing_a_Damaged_Screw
NT
On 29/11/2015 18:10, Murmansk wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Yes - that is .com not .co.uk. :-(
--
Rod

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/news.aspx?articlec2
Tim

That one doesn’t have all sides of the triangle convex.

Hmm, time for a "Birmingham screwdriver" and new light fitting then I think. ;-)
Tim

Dunno, a dremel is a tad more elegant.

Sod's law dictates that it will be recessed down a hole. ;-)
Tim

Yeah, that's certainly true of the bulk of small appliances that use them. And in a hole that is too small for the bigger nut drivers too, or too deep.
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 21:12:18 +1100, Ranger wrote:

That's a Hampstead screwdriver.