Identify hex screw bit head

Anyone know what this is used for, as far as I am aware it was in a pack of drywall screws. It is just a pointed head.

weel...

It's meant to be a philips screwdriver head. Size 2. Either it's been thoroughly rounded off, or (more likely) it has missed part of the manufacturing process.

Reply to
GB

And PH2 is exactly the size used on most drywall screws.

I'll blame the apprentice:-)

Reply to
ARW

Never been used so will assume missed in manufacturing process. I was just inquiring in case it was something I wasn't aware of that could have been useful.

Reply to
weel...

That will be my Wife then :-)

Reply to
weel...

It'd usually have a plastic skirt on it too, so that as the screw head goes into the surface of the board, the skirt stops the screwdriver bit following and it "cams out", without driving the screw too deep.

Reply to
SteveW

I've never had a skirted driver bit with any boxes of plasterboard screws I've purchased - just an ordinary driver bits.

I do use these for plasterboard:

but with an impact driver (or drill) it's still possible to drive the skirt into the surface of the board if you are not too careful.

Reply to
alan_m

I think, but I may be wrong, that it's a drill to remove screws whose head has been destroyed. If the spiral is anti-clockwise you drill i into the head of the screw and it removes the screw.

Just a thought, J> Anyone know what this is used for, as far as I am aware it was in a pack of drywall screws. It is just a pointed head.

Reply to
Jonathan

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

but it hasn't been formed correctly. It's common for boxes of drywall screws to contain a screwdriver bit.

Reply to
nothanks