Looking for bathroom door lever handles with lock

I’m looking for some replacement lever handles for a bathroom door.

Rather than it being a door with a mortice type lock where a bolt comes out to lock the door, it’s the kind where the door has a tubular latch just like any other door and the mechanism below the handle serves to stop the internal handle from operating the latch.

In my experience it’s very hard to tell when buying online which type of handle is being offered, indeed I wonder if there is some magic phrase I need to be looking for in order to get the right type? Never mind online, I’ve found that staff in shops seem totally bemused when I try to explain what I want.

Reply to
Murmansk

Try searching for “door handle with thumb turn lock”

It returned what I think you mean.

Another option, is a euro lock with a thumb turn on the inside. You could use a key to enter in an emergency.

Reply to
Brian

Like this, only levers instead of knobs?

I've never noticed a lever equivalent, but maybe these:

Rob Morley

My text reader is struggling to interpret "“door" and searching doesn't help.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Thanks for those replies, in the end I found something suitable and the questions connected with it reveal that it is indeed what I am looking for, however they're hard to find

The word privacy seems to be a key one

Reply to
Murmansk

Domestically, there used to be these where a small lever actually physically locked the handle, but was only obviously on one of the pairs of handles and it seemed the wrong one on all the handles I looked at. I suppose had it been a pair of knobs I wanted, they would be universal, as you could arrange the pin that did the locking to work either way. No through door indication though. Maybe what you need is something that public toilets use? Now there is only me in the house, of course I have no need for this function! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Certainly more user friendly than a high backed chair wedged under the doorhandle! I thought privacy were those with engaged and vacant on a little window on the other side. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff