triangular security screws

Hi,

I wanted to dismantle a broken kitchen appliance but found that the screws needed a triangular shaped bit. I have never seen these before. I have found some screwdrivers on Amazon:

was confused by the "Tnumber" classification, as I associate that with torx bits. I presume the number is the length of one of the sides of the triangle in millimetres.

Does anyone know more about these screws? Do they have a name?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

TA?

Bob Eager

way. TP3 looks like it's been designed to stop that. :)

Reply to
GB

find on Satchwell actuator heads

Reply to
geoff

Trust you, geoff!

How did you move those, then?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I created my own (ooh missus) tool

drilled a centre hole, put a bevel on it with a larger drill bit then,with artistry that drivel could only dream of with a hacksaw, cut the fingers to fit the slots

Still got it somewhere - not the most beautiful bit of art on the planet, but it works

Reply to
geoff

Screws

"Driver"

geoff

Reply to
Bob Eager

Very common on kids toys here in the US. I don't have a driver for them, but if they're screwed into plastic I normally manage to undo them with a flat-bladed screwdriver of suitable width, then replace them with screws from the spares bucket that have a more useful head.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson