Torx masonry screws

I have to attach a TV bracket to a conventional brick-with-plaster wall. The bracket is a hinged extending design which means that even with a small TV the weight supported will be considerable. Plus, the baseplate of the bracket has to be spaced out from the wall by some 50mm, probably with a block of timber or similar.
Would these Torx-head frame fixing screws be suitable? I've never used them.
https://www.toolstation.com/masonry-torx-frame-fixing-screw/p59092
Alternatively I could use conventional Rawl-type bolt fittings but would need to replace the bolts with considerably longer ones if the design allows; I've not found any which come with longer bolts as standard.
Many thanks.

Screwfix have Rawlbolts with a fixture size of 75mm in M10. they also do M12 with a 60mm fixture size.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
"charles" wrote:

Thanks, but the baseplate holes are drilled for M6; I'd rather not open them up as far as M10 or 12.
On 10/02/2020 14:33, Bert Coules wrote:

You should consider doing so. Use a step drill. When I was employed fixing TV wall brackets in hospitals it was normal to drill out the little holes in the backplate. I don't know why the put some small holes in.
Bill

Presumably because the smaller screws work fine in some situations and it’s a lot easier to drill out the hole if you need a bigger one than to use a very big screw when you don’t need a rawl bolt.
On 11/02/2020 01:00, Rod Speed wrote:

Washers.
Bill

It if was that easy they'd have the big holes and washers.
On 10/02/2020 14:33, Bert Coules wrote:

Bert,
those bolts really need to be screwed into a hole drilled with a 6.5mm drill (*), and one where there was no lateral wobbling of the drill bit or you will end up with much larger hole.
The screw bolt needs to cut its own thread into the brick as you screw it in.
As long as you are drilling into nice strong bricks, or blocks or concrete then these screws are fine, but remember you must drill a hole at least half and inch longer than the depth of the screw because as it cuts its thread, the fragments of brick will be pushed ahead of the drill bit.
(*) Read the instruction on the box, or check the manufacturers website.
Yes indeed the wall has to crack or nearly fall over to pull those out! Brian
--
----- --
On 10/02/2020 13:36, Bert Coules wrote:

I have used them to hold in plastic window and door frames where there really is not much load. The hole you drill first does have to be the right size. In you case I am not sure what happens if the wall is breeze block rather than brick.
--
Michael Chare

.

Wall mounted - so "yesterday"!
"John" wrote:

So what's "today"? If you can explain exactly how to make my TV hover unsupported I'd be very grateful for the details.
Bert Coules wrote:

https://www.samsung.com/global/tv/blog/how-qled-tv-suits-your-space-and-lifestyle-beautifully/
;-)
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

On an easel! So obvious once it's pointed out. But there are wall mounts there too, so I'm not totally out of touch with today's trends (though I'd think more than twice about siting my expensive new telly directly above a fire).
Bert Coules wrote:

I have seen it suggested that the easel mount would go well with those TVs that are set up to look like an artwork when you are not watching them (I don't mean in the "if a tree falls in a forest" way). No idea how much power they use.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
On Monday, 10 February 2020 17:13:13 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:

That is so day-before-yeasterday. This is where it is at:
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/01/07/lg-releases-a-rollable-tv-at-ces.html

Hopeless for his situation where he wants to rotate it thru something like 180 degrees horizontally.
polygonum_on_google wrote:

That's fine, as long as you get a really good warranty.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
On Monday, 10 February 2020 20:03:19 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:

tml

Especially as:
LG's futuristic new TV rolls up into a box with the press of a button ? ?? and it might cost as much as $60,000

Given opening and closing a car boot seems to break the wires to it over time, wonder what the life of that is going to be. ;-)
--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.