3mm head diameter screw?

Does such a thing exist - a sort of slotted threaded bar screw?

(I'm putting up some low-load 18mm pine shelves, and fixing them using de-headed wood screws located in a groove cut in to the end of the shelves)

Reply to
RJH

Grub screw. Most are socketed but a few slotted exist. Various lengths. One example of an M3 slotted:-

Andy Bennet

Make your own using a Dremel with a cut-off disc?

Alternatively, use something like these and drive them in by double-nut'ing:

nothanks

Google for dowel screws

Example

Some have a hex or square centre section so they can be tightened using a spanner.

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks, yes, got some 30mm of these:

RJH

Are these wood screws going into plastic plugs in a wall? If so, just use ordinary screws then take the heads off with.........

an angle grinder.

Thin slitting wheel, and gently to avoid melting the plugs. Dremel would be better.

Reply to
newshound

Yes, I've done this with for one shelf. Worked OK but the screw was a mess, and doing it with the screw in the wall out of the question with the disk I have - sparks everywhere. I might get a thinner disk, as you say.

Reply to
RJH