Hob and oven switch(es)

Currently our hob is on a cooker switch on 4mm cable, and the oven is on the other side of the room on a 13A plug (although rated at 16A).

The oven is moving nearer the hob, and i'm going to get a 13A induction hob so some questions..

I'm thinking of putting them both on the 4mm, that's OK isn't it (29A)? On the same switch, or a switch each? Do I need 4mm to the appliances? or is 2.5 OK? Can I mount the switches in the side of the tall unit the oven is to be fitted into or does it have to go in the wall?

Reply to
R D S

yep

one is ok

2.5 has the ampacity, but some appliance instructions say 4mm is needed due to the temp rise in the appliance, so see the instructions to answer that one. If it doesn't say otherwise, 2.5 is good.

The fitting of them to furniture is a bit of a grey area, it's not ideal practice simply because electrical work is then needed if you fit new kitchen furniture - a trivial matter if you can do electrickery, but an extra cost for the unskilled.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My oven and hob are in/on an island unit so the switches cant be on a wall and I put them in the cupboard above the oven.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Absolutely fine in the cupboard. Ideally towards the front of the cupboard.

I fitted quite a few B&Q kitchens that way before I was banned from working for them.

Reply to
ARW