Wiring oven and hob on 32A

My oven is 16A but it has been on a 13A plug temporarily (roughly 4 years) And i'm planning to buy a 16A hob.

I have 4mm T&E on a 32A breaker at my disposal feeding the current hob, Am I OK connecting these two up? They are never going to pull >32A are they? Diversity?

And I don't really want a cooker socket, i'd be happier with 2 switches but you can't get 16A fused switches (but the oven doesn't need one anyway) so i'll put the hob on a FCU and the oven on a switch.

Is there any real reason not to put the oven on a 13A FCU? Or any real benefit from doing so?

Reply to
R D S

Do the installation instructions say anything about MCB rating?

As long as all the cables up to the appliances are 4mm then there shouldn't be any issue in the 32A MCB rating.

Many ovens are specified to be connected with a 13A fused plug even with a rating of more than 13A based on diversity. I would get the installation instructions and check.

Reply to
Fredxx

I can't find any specific info in the instructions as to wattage but from a search looks like it's only 1700W max.

I think it was intended for the European market where they have 16A circuits and that caused confusion, i'd assumed that that was what it was capable of drawing.

Reply to
R D S

I meant a 13A Hob....

Reply to
R D S

If neither is >13A they'll be happy on a 13A FCU each and a 32A feed.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You normally take the diverse load rather than the peak, since the peak will not normally be drawn for long periods.

If the hob is 16A then you don't really want a 13A fuse on its supply. Both connected to the 32A radial would be more common (via over flex outlet style junction boxes).

There is no real benefit from doing so, and may just result in hot fuse at times.

Something like:

Is designed to feed multiple cooking appliances from a single circuit.

Reply to
John Rumm