Gas hob and oven: recommendation?

Anyone able to recommend a 4 or 5 burner gas hob and a built in (under?) gas oven? I'm not sure how grills are incorporated, but the installation would need one and the oven should be large. If that makes sense!

Oh, and I'd prefer not to have to pay the proverbial arm and leg!

Separate grill?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

We just fitted a rather nice AEG one - glass top - cast iron pan stands, LED indicators to tell you how high the gas is on etc - and one fecking great wok burner in the middle that actually we use for a Paella pan - and getting the water hot in the kettle for the all-too-frequent teas :)

Well Baumatic do a 60cm one that Argos sell/sold or can be got online for a quite reasonable cost - but - being 60cm wide it's largely pointless as you can't get 5 pans on it at once. This AEG one is 70cm wide. As for an arm and a leg - deffo shop online - use the cashback sites too to reduce the cost even more - or - alternatively - wait until hombase have a 15% off and another 10% on top and get something from their catalogue in store - they've got loads in there (in fact ours came from there as on the offer day they were £20 cheaper than the best online price and did free delivery)...

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Open to offers!

I don't really know - the concept of separate parts v 'traditional' cooker is new to me. I suspect I would get a bigger oven if the grill was integrated?

Since making the original posting I've found that it might be possible to get an oven that will plug into a 13 amp socket. If that's correct then an electric oven and grill would also be acceptable.

If you wnat 5 usable rings - 70cm.

We have an AEG hob (as mentioned) and an AEG single multi-function fan oven. The oven apparently can be run off a 13amp socket - but I plumped for removing that cable and tying it into the dedicated cct for the cooker that was already in the kitchen.

I don't think that the oven is much over 2kw at full tilt - quite suprising really - and bloody hell does it get up to temperature fast.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

I've just bought a Stoves 900GR from an eBay graded goods merchant - cost seems to depend on what colour you are after (black = expensive). Reason - it has a ginormous 3kw grill and fanned ovens. 5 burner Neff hob to go with it, also from eBay (last year's model). Had no trouble with the purchases and they both seem 100%.

If you want built under, the Stoves 700 model is the equivalent.

I recommend a peruse of the eBay hobs and ovens sections - you may well get some good ideas.

Reply to
SarahEmmm

Any chance of a model number? Sounds good!

Sound interesting... any chance of the sellers' IDs?

Make sure that it is either on a 13A FCU off that circuit, or alternatively the oven installation instructions allow direct connection to your circuit (i.e. 32A). Most ovens that come with a 13A plug need protection at 13A or

16A.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle