Sorry in advance !! wiring hob and cooker

Me again! (not for the last time quite possibly) I've done a google on this which have thrown up many results none answer my question though.
the cooker (double oven) will be 5M run away from the CU switched by a DP cooker switch (6mm? t&e) supplied radially
The hob is going to be 3 Metres away from the cooker. Would it be best practice to supply the hob and extractor radially from its own radial cct and through a switched fused outlet? if so what MCB should I use for this? there are plenty of spaces feer on the CU so no problem there
I take it I can not run both off the DP cooker switch
There is no mention of sepertate cookers/hob in the Colins book I have just got. (pretty good otherwise though )

By cooker, do you mean just a double oven? A "cooker" would normally include a hob. I'll continue assuming you just mean a double oven without hob and a separate electric hob.

The switch must be within 2m of the appliance. However, even though it would be possible to use the same switch by having it halfway between the new appliances, I think it would be better for each to have their own switch, as it is clearer to the user.
Your choices are:
1. Run both appliances off one 32A or 40A circuit, providing it passes a diversity calculation. 2. Run each appliance off a separate radial circuit.
The hob will probably be OK on a 32A circuit and the double oven on a 20A circuit. You may get both on one 32A if you are lucky. You are unlikely to need more than 40A. However, without the current ratings we can't determine this.
You could run the extractor off the same circuit, using a 3A fused connection unit (FCU). Personally, I would prefer to see it off a general purpose socket circuit, preferably just plugged into a single socket concealed nearby, as this makes swapping it out easier, but an FCU is good, too.
Christian.
Christian McArdle wrote:

Thanks, I think I will run them seperatley and use a FCU off the hob or spur the hood off the ring mailn. I'm calling the BCO tomorrow to come and discuss any building regs issues with what I am going to do.