rewind

Do you have a car? Never mind a ford?

Reply to
Jim K..

Best ask a teenager to look it up for you grandad...

Reply to
Jim K..

And a typically huge response I see...

Reply to
Jim K..

just about to compress and rewind my first piston...any tips ? ...... never done it before.......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Yes, try Homeownershub. Your posting style seems ideally suited to that forum.

Alternatively, how about using a meaningful subject line and explaining what you?re trying to do?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Should that be "re-ring". And compress your 'rings'?

If not it makes as much sense as this doubled, "op het punt om mijn eerste zuiger te comprimeren en terug te spoelen ... tips? ...... nooit eerder gedaan ......."

Reply to
Fredxx

Tip 1: make some sense. In the highly unlikely case that you actually do intend to rewind a piston, maybe start by explaining how that makes sense & what it means.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

UR TNP AICMFP :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Try google translation, then you'll understand how it is 'double....'.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yeah, people who can?t pose a coherent question say that a lot...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Jim GM4DHJ ... explained :

Yes, from memory clockwise - push whilst turning..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Re-post in uk.rec.car.maintenance perhaps ?.

Reply to
Andrew

or ask the question sensibly.

Reply to
tabbypurr

With the proper tool - as shown in that link - you don't have to push, as rotating the handle rotates the head of the tool and screws it forward at the same time.

As for direction. I have done them on Rover, Ford, Nissan and Vauxhall and they have all been clockwise. I can be sure of that, as I only have a clockwise version of the tool to do it and haven't encountered an anti-clockwise version yet.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I have more than one, not that it's overly relevant. You got the replies you asked for. If you're happy with only one person answering what you wanted, great.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You haven't helped yourself much this time either.

Next time you might find uk.rec.cars.maintenance would be a better group if you want people knowledgable in the field.

Reply to
Fredxx

Is the OP talking about shoving the brake piston back into its housing, as one might do when changing pads? I've always just levered them, rather than using special tools. I wasn't aware that they should rotate in a particular direction as they move.

Bill.

Reply to
bill.shitner

Maybe he is pissed and broke as the old joke goes? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There used to be a ford just down the road, but there is a bridge there now?

Yes I know, but since you have to admit the subject was a little vague and the original message even more vague. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ah, is it a *brake* piston that the question is about?

Reply to
Chris Green