Sterling prices.

This is merely your opinion.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Because there is less unnecessary regulation here.

Reply to
Capitol

That's not what Norway, China, South Africa and India etc are saying. Poundland is under offer and Ball have just bought Rexam. The car companies are not proposing to cut back either.

Reply to
Capitol

Oh, the ones who forecast the Euro disaster and the 2008 banking crisis! I forecast 2008 in 2002/3, purely based on experience.

Reply to
Capitol

It's not the largest market in cash terms. Take the UK out and it shrinks even more markedly.

Reply to
Capitol

Currency fluctuations are normal. I see that the pound rose against the Euro on some occasions in the past week, is that because of Brexit? The dollar is still falling against the yen, is that because of Brexit. You seem to be suffering from remain logic like Osborne and Carney.

Reply to
Capitol

Because even you should have noticed that the referendum is less than a week away.

Reply to
Bosco Green

One that is based upon extensive study of the available reports. Had the Brexit camp ever produced any similar reports to support their claims, I would have included those in my studies. Lacking any such data, I have to accept the informed majority view that our economy will suffer, possibly quite badly, if we leave.

Reply to
Nightjar

Those who are still investing are almost all insisting upon a get-out clause that will allow them to walk away if the vote is to leave.

Reply to
Nightjar

Now where on earth did you dream that little gem up from?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And this is merely their opinions, too.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nightjar

You analysed the raw figures or you analysed all the opinions?

I have done the latter and I have come to the opposite conclusion to you

what is it that makes you right and me wrong?

tim

Reply to
tim...

Colin wishes to be governed by an unelected commission in Brussels!

Reply to
Capitol

Colin wishes to be governed by an unelected commission in Brussels!

Reply to
Capitol

So why use the word rebate instead of discount.

It;s like when I brough a canon lens for £350. With £50 cash back . I paid in teh shop £350 then sent the reciept number to canon then 3-

4 weeks later they put £50 into my bank account.

To me that must of cost them more in admin fees than saying to the shop don't charge him £350 charge him £300 as that's the price of the lens currently.

So can you explain this cash back thing.

whisky-dave

- So why use the word rebate instead of discount.

- It;s like when I brough a canon lens for ?350. With ?50 cash back.

- I paid in teh shop ?350 then sent the reciept number to canon then 3-4 weeks later - they put ?50 into my bank account.

- To me that must of cost them more in admin fees than saying to the shop

- don't charge him ?350 charge him ?300 as that's the price of the lens currently.

- So can you explain this cash back thing.

First up some customers might not even know about the cashback. While some others might not bother sending in the receipt.

From a strictly marketing point there's nothing unethical in charging ?350 for a lens to people who presumably can afford to pay the ?350 while only charging ?300 for the same lens for people who are out to save themselves money, found out about the cashback, and sent in the receipt. Such people derive a sense of achievement, a reward at getting themselves the cashback. Merely selling the lens for ?300 to everyone would a) cost Canon ?50 for every buyer who would have happily paid the ?350 and b) denied the others the sense of achievement in getting the cashback. Something they'll come to associate with the canon brand after having to send back the receipt to canon. And the more they have to faff about - actually posting stuff - rather than simply clicking on a website, the more this association of the canon brand with getting money back will be re-inforced.

michael adams

michael adams
50% of voters are above average in economic intelligence, 50% below.

Almost all bankers say the pound will fall and Brits will be poorer if Brex it wins. The uncertainty, small firms no longer able to nip through the chu nnel, the extra paperwork and delays and tariffs and taxes mean europeans w ho import widgets from britain will look elsewhere. International car manuf acturers will build their next factory not in britain but inside the bigger European common market. And so many more civil servants and lawyers paid f or by our taxes to renegotiate everything.

But we've been taught by the popular press and haters to believe that Engla nd's the greatest country in the world and foreigners are beneath us.

Imagine if the Germans said that? What would that sound like?

I agree with Paddy Ashdown (on most things)

I believe a European Parliament is a good idea.

[George]
Reply to
DICEGEORGE

To confuse you.

Reply to
dennis

How terrible. There are some people who can't speak English. Oh, no.

Reply to
Adrian